Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 4:52:35 PM EDT
What are the procedures for receiving them.  Do you have to get the serial number in advance put it on your permit and then take delivery?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wondering this too, with my 21st coming up, those CZ52s look like something fun for a good price, to have something with a little more punch than the .22 handgun I plan to buy...
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
My inspector told me that C&R handguns are handled exactly like any other handgun purchase and for us here in Suffolk that means getting a purchase document and having the weapon transferred to an FFL and then to the buyer via the purchase document which then adds it to your permit.  So the C&R really doesn't do anything for us in regards to hand guns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Wave, I imagine as a cop you can just order the gun, take possession of it on your badge just like you would through a dealer or private sale, and then do your paperwork.  My question is for us civilians who have to have the gun listed on our permit prior to delivery.

I'm going to call the State Police on Wednesday and see if I can get a written ruling.  I'm going to try to pitch the angle of purchasing the gun, having a receipt sent to you with the serial number and then using that along with a C&R to add it to the permit and take delivery.  So long as you do not have it in possession until its on the permit they might bite.  With a wrotten ruling from the State Police the local issuing authorities should go along.

We'll see.  I have to imagine this issue has come up before.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn! it must suck to live in NY, here in Missouri all I do is call the dealer, give them my CC number and a fews days later I get a delivery from UPS.
I really feel for you guys up there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the best way to take care of a handgun purchase in NY is to move!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What are the procedures for receiving them.  Do you have to get the serial number in advance put it on your permit and then take delivery?

See the link for a very detailed procedure for a C&R FFL to receive a handgun in NY State.

pub113.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm72.showMessage?topicID=1202.topic
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Man was I ever lucky to get a transfer to Virginia.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
As I recall, in NY, you need a special permit to hold/sell handguns. A C&R FFL can carry all the rifles he/she wants, but when it comes to handguns, NYS must license you. A lot of out-of-state FFL's don't know this, however; they will ship a gun regardless, because they don't know an FFL in NYState needs a seperate permit to house/sell handguns.

Which is bad. Or good.

Then again, I'm no authority. Take it as you will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top