Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 11:52:10 AM EDT
It seems like all the good C&R pistols have dried up. The only one that is decent is the
CZ-52.

Where are all the Makarovs, WWII handguns, and the other pre 1953 guns?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.  Who has the Colt Sistemas now?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it from a 10+ year C&R guy they ain't over.
It all runs in cycles, the recent Nagant revival is an example. Very common a few years back then dried up only to reappear a few months back with a vengeance.
The C&R I would guess at going away soon are the Yugo SKS's and Swiss K31s, the rest will come and go depending on what third world country is willing to sell off its arsenals for quick american cash.
Just my opinion,
GaryM
BTW, for Systemas call Sarco, they have loads of stuff they didn't even know they had.
Makarovs will be back eventually, far too many in this world for them to disappear.
WWII handguns, what do you want? it is out there. My suggestion is try one of the Star Supers or a Nagant revolver.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, I think we're just heading into the really greatest period for C&R. Over the next decade all of the great post WWII civilian handguns will become C&R, and the shotguns as well. Just think of all those great Smith and Colt revolvers made back when labor was cheap, craftsmanship at its peak and demand just beginning again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I dunno about there being a glory days ahead. I think the best days were the 80's up till now.

Think about it. All the countries went F/A after WWII pretty much, so no rifles for us there. The supplies of bolt guns IS drying up, slowly but surely. Don't believe me? Look at Enfields. One cache left and it's tied up in Italy and is already bought by a few individuals. Mosins are everywhere, but when they're gone...

Even Semi guns can't come in without getting cut up (FAL's, CETME's).

Yes, pistols ought to keep it going, but we've been riding a 30 year wave that simply must come to an end because of the types of guns that can come into the country.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I think we will continue to see good times in the coming years with regards to surplus weapons.That is without any restrictive legislation. The 80's for me were a very good time. I just wish I had had more money to burn back in those days. But right now has been good also. Yugo,Albanian SKS's that were unheard of. Tons of Mosins and there will continue to be more of these I feel.Some stuff is gone and never will return like Swedes and Enfields in the quatities we saw in the mid 80's. There are still some untapped regions for the surplus market. Russia and China I would bet still have tons of material.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top