Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 9:00:42 AM EDT
I am looking into getting some of the C&R handguns. I would like to get a cz-52. What is the difference in the 7.62x25 ammo and can the cz-52 eat what you put through it.. What are the difference between the cz-52 and the Tokarev T-33 pistols.

Also what about the star model B in 9mm? I am also looking into getting a .45acp C&R either one of the Ballaster models or the Systema..Any info would be helpful.. Thank you
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The SISTEMA is likely what you want-  It's not tha B-M's are bad, they just arent an EXACT 1911 like the Sistema 1927.  The Sis. was built on Colt equiptment w/ Colt licensing in Argentina.  

There are some BEAUTIES out there now.  I know cause I just got mine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Bren Tens are C&R now, too. You too can relive all of your favorite Miami Vice fantasies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget that anything over 50 years old is C&R. That means every WWII 1911 as well as all those great ones that hit the market right after WWII.

And then there are the Colt and Smith 1917s, even quite a few Smith M-25s. There are Walthers and STARs, Smiths, Colts, Sauers, CZs, just a bunch of really great handguns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
My S&W M1917 is the most accurate handgun I own at 50 yards -- in my hands anyway.  Can't shoot it much as she'll beat my hand to a pulp with those slick wooden stocks.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... What are the difference between the cz-52 and the Tokarev T-33 pistols.

the TT-33 series predates the CZ.  The
-33 was made by russia and combloc contries.
the CZ was Czech.  The only thing 'common' to the two is the caliber.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just my two cents worth here.......

CZ52.....fun and cheap

Sistema.....very nice gun for the money if you can get an excellent condition one. May be one of the best values going right now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the information, I will eventualy getting a CZ-52, but right know I am interested in one of the SISTEMA .45acp.. Who has them?.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
In C&R handguns, I would seriously consider the Walther PPs currently being sold for $250 at Centerfire.  They are in excellent condition and beautifully crafted.

I'd also look for an East German Makarov.

Both are very nice guns and I'm afraid their supply is quite a bit more limited currently than the CZ or Sistema.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I do believe I got my Sistema from Centerfire.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I just picked up a CZ-52 and the thing is a blast to shoot (literally). My next handgun will probably be a sistema
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The Tokarev is not as strong as the '52. (Especially the early Chinese imports)  Be aware that much of the SURPLUS 7.62X25mm ammo is intended for SMG's, and will have insensitive primers, and heavy loadings. While fun, making a steady diet of em in a CZ 52 is unplesant. I suspect these would eventually destroy a Tokarev.

Sellier& Bellot makes a very fine, reloadable 7.62X25MM loading that works in the CZ 52. (and is NOT heavily loaded.)

The Star B is a decent pistol, and the couple I've seen were in very good condition.. My only concern was magazine, and parts availability..

The Ballester-Molina is not a terrible pistol, but it's not a great one either. The steel the Argentinians used tends to be softer than one would expect on a 1911 type pistol.. This does not mean they're unsafe, just that they'll probably wear faster.. Great gun if you want to try diffrent sights prior to mounting em on your expensive 1911. Parts interchangeability with a 1911 is not terrible, if you're mechanically inclined, and have a source ofCHEAP 1911 parts.

If you're looking for a 1911, get a Systema, or a U.S. 1911..

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top