Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:01:55 AM EDT
I recieved a C&R license recently, and I was curious as to if I am required to keep a record of NON-C&R items in the book as well.

I think I remember reading somewhere that after you get the license, all firearms must be recorded, even if they are not C&R eligible. Is this true?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on who you ask.

Some say yes, some say no. Others even suggest that you record ALL sales in your book, even if it is not a C&R, or a C&R you bought before you recived your license.

I only record items that I buy with my C&R.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that I have a C&R I keep track of all my fiream transactions even if they arent C&R. It doesnt hurt to have that type of info recorded.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Do not put non-C&R firearms in your C&R "bound book."  This is for C&R firearms obtained with your FFL.

If you wish, keep a separate "personal firearms" book to record this information.  This would include any C&R firearms purchased on a 4473 before or after you obtain your FFL.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do not put non-C&R firearms in your C&R "bound book."  This is for C&R firearms obtained with your FFL.

Why not?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If you had a compliance check it would be difficult to justify this action to the compliance agent.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not?

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now that I have a C&R I keep track of all my fiream transactions even if they arent C&R. It doesnt hurt to have that type of info recorded.

It sure does hurt it opens you up to another area of investigation by JBT's...Just keep whatever non-C&R records seperate.

Less is more
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you wish, keep a separate "personal firearms" book to record this information.  This would include any C&R firearms purchased on a 4473 before or after you obtain your FFL.

You need to log any C&R firearm purchased after you obtained your '03 FFL whether you purchased it on your '03 or whether you used a 4473 to make the purchase.  Purchases before the C&R FFL was obtained do not need to be logged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top