Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2020 10:32:24 PM EDT
Anyone using the Pike Arms left handed safety for the 10/22? I understand that it would also work in the PC Carbine? Looks like about ~$25-30/shipped either directly from Pike Arms or getting it on eBay. Are they fairly straight forward to install? Is there anyone else making left hand 10/22 safeties that I’m missing?

Not looking for the “dErp dErp dErp, just use it like comes!” comments. Very comfortable using “right handed” firearms without modifications, just looking to try one of these out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't use them but they are easy to install if you can strip a 10/22 trigger group down.

From inside the trigger group looking from the top the safety barrel has a flat in it. Push it with a flat head screwdriver or similar to get the safety barrel to rotate. That makes the spring loaded detent jump it's track. The safety can then be slid out the side of the trigger guard. Careful to not let the detent and spring fly across the room. Put the spring and detent in there place and slide the new safety in.

Power Custom safety works left or right, depends what side it faces.
VQ has a lefty safety.

Some have modified the OEM Modify OEM
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered one of the Pike Arms ones. We’ll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As a fellow lefty let me know how the install goes. Most all of my rifles and handguns are set up for right handed or ambi if they came that way. I’m always a bit hesitant to switch the cross bolt safeties for fear I’ll have a mix and match of them and confuse myself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a fellow lefty let me know how the install goes. Most all of my rifles and handguns are set up for right handed or ambi if they came that way. I’m always a bit hesitant to switch the cross bolt safeties for fear I’ll have a mix and match of them and confuse myself.
View Quote

@livinginiowa

This has been my concern also. I have several firearms that use this same cross bolt safety. So I’m going to try it on the 10/22 that I shoot the most and see how I like it. If the install goes well and I can train to manipulate it well than I will buy a few more. So long as the rules of firearms safety are followed, it should be fine. Pointed in a safe direction, finger off the trigger, etc. It just may lead to a few embarrassing flinches getting use to it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been wondering about a 3 position safety for a 10/22.

Fire-safe-fire, maybe with an extra-strong detent system. And knurl the damn thing so it's easier to use with sweaty or frigid gloved hands.

Make it ambi.

Definitely not the most foolproof "safety", and I am generally one of the "ree use it as it comes hurdurr" crowd, but it would be nice. Generally I just use mine right handed.

Namely when I'm sitting in the stand trying to thin the squirrel herd, it's annoying to have a shot come up on my far right (lefty shot) and have to work the safety awkwardly. I'm not going to sit there with it off, and sometimes you gotta be quick on the tree rats. So I miss the opportunity a lot.

My right handed wife also uses the gun a lot, so I don't want to convert it to a left-only safety.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Both my 10/22s have Volquartzen left hand safeties. Easy to install.
Great piece of gear for a left hand shooter.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both my 10/22s have Volquartzen left hand safeties. Easy to install.
Great piece of gear for a left hand shooter.
View Quote

I obviously can’t follow simple instructions. The install on this Pike Arms safety was a TOTAL pain.. to the point that I won’t buy any more for other firearms I have that these would fit, and I won’t reinstall the factory safety. I see what I did wrong now but still.. PITA. I think it will be great on this Ruger Charger but no more moving forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top