Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2012 5:50:53 AM EDT
I have a Henry Lever 22 and wonder if it can threaded for use with a suppressor.  Anyone have it done? If possible, who would you trust to get it done? No, it's not the octagon bbl.

Thx
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
We refused to thread one earlier this year. It would need to be disassembled to fit in the lathe.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
And there is the problem of loading the tube magazine.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We refused to thread one earlier this year. It would need to be disassembled to fit in the lathe.

Not that it can't be done. But it would be cost prohibitive and a waste of time. And strange to have a brass lever action .22 with a can.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I briefly considered it but the tube feed issue ended that, plus it just doesn't look right. I hunted up a Ruger 96/22 and had Que make a barrel.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Some guys over in the levergun section have had it done, I can't remember what caliber or who they had do it. You might try searching for it or make a post. Also there is pics of it in the pic thread I think towards the end like page 14?  I want to do the same thing to my Henry .17hmr next year
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
That would be funny looking... LOL

I know this isn't exactly what your asking or directly related, but maybe at least something you'd be interested in.  I use CCI CB rounds in my Henry lever and it's no louder than a cap gun.  If your just looking for something that you can plink in your back yard with, they're perfect.  They aren't the most effective on large rodents, but well placed shots get the job done.  Unfortunately I learned the hard way that Skunks have some pretty tuff and thick skin and you need a head shot on them with CB's otherwise you just piss them off.... LOL
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't remember who, but one of our members extended the barrel/magazine ring on a Marlin 39A so the tube would clear a can for loading. Don't think you could do this with a Henry, the front sight/barrel band/magazine ring are cast in one piece, plastic is original but metal ones are available.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Duh, didnt think about the mag tube,  Just ordered my first 22 supressor and was looking to see which guns I would thread.  My Henry goes with me every time to shoot, it's a blast and is probably my favorite 22 to shoot right now.  So it seemed logical to get it threaded.  Mag tube = no go.  Sorry for the dumb ass question, I blame supressor excitement!  Thx for the replies.

BTW: The CB's are great...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad had a Remington Model 12 pump .22 that was threaded for a suppressor.  The 1910 Maxim supressors had an offset bullet path through a round cross section and interrupted thread mount.  That allowed you to keep full volume for supression purposes.  The threads were indexed so that you twisted the wider part down when shooting so there was clearance for the sights and you took the suppressor off with a quick half-turn to load the tube mag.   The suppressors had to be turn in when the state made them illegal way back when.  My dad was angry because he had paid $20 for the suppressor and the state only gave you $5 whenyou turned them in.  Unfortunately, the gun was destroyed in a house fire years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't remember who, but one of our members extended the barrel/magazine ring on a Marlin 39A so the tube would clear a can for loading. Don't think you could do this with a Henry, the front sight/barrel band/magazine ring are cast in one piece, plastic is original but metal ones are available.

Yeah, I saw that and thought it looked butt ugly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top