Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2012 4:08:36 PM EDT
It was a great time and will most definitely be doing it again. The video pretty much says it all in regards to our experience.

This is my first video I’ve ever edited and talked to a camera. I think the biggest problem I had was to cut it to reduce the amount of time from over 20 mins long. If yall could watch it and let me know how I can improve future vids, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope to record more shoots and gun related videos, Feel free to subscribe, like, comment, share, and do whatever else you do.

http://youtu.be/onfdvzYDJa0
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Great review! Thanks! What ammo were you guys shooting?
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great review! Thanks! What ammo were you guys shooting?

CCI Standard Velocity
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Great video and nice shooting. My GF and I hope to attend an Appleseed soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 4:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifles. Too bad about the rifleman qual. I would be pissed.

Link Posted: 9/18/2012 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice rifles. Too bad about the rifleman qual. I would be pissed.

Can you elaborate?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that everyone should shoot an appleseed match.

LonghunterCO- Rifleman with a 238
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. I'll be doing my first shoot in Dec.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was a great time and will most definitely be doing it again. The video pretty much says it all in regards to our experience.

This is my first video I’ve ever edited and talked to a camera. I think the biggest problem I had was to cut it to reduce the amount of time from over 20 mins long. If yall could watch it and let me know how I can improve future vids, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope to record more shoots and gun related videos, Feel free to subscribe, like, comment, share, and do whatever else you do.

Which model of tech sights did you use? Just watched the vid again. You have the 200 sights and your bubby has the 100. Can you give your opinion on both?
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I found the 100 worked just fine.  I was able to get my elevation dialed in perfectly just by the use of my front sight post.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Nicely done!
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
whete did you get tne gi sling?
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which model of tech sights did you use? Just watched the vid again. You have the 200 sights and your bubby has the 100. Can you give your opinion on both?

I checked out his ts100 for a little bit. I believe his sights were slightly lower than mine due to mine being adjustable but im sure its immaterial. I think his has different apertures like an AR rear sight where mine doesnt. I like mine due to the click adjustments then micro adjustments from the front sight as my front sight is more finer than an AR front sight click adjustments. The nodak spud sight is the same as the AK/SKS sight so I can turn the post to real small increments. Maybe gentleman can have his input with his. I know his sight had some problems with the reflection of sunlight but was cured by hitting it with a lighter to dull the shine or something along the lines of that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
whete did you get tne gi sling?

the appleseed store. it was the cheapest place we could find and make sure to get the cotton as the nylon slips more. Advantage of the nylon is quicker adjustments but once you have it down, its solid and you wont adjust them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Some people like nylon because they say it won't stretch over time like the cotton sling and it is tougher and lasts longer.

Some people like the cotton sling because they say it won't slip like the nylon sling will.

I use either and haven't had any issues.

Most folks will find they have to make a sling adjustment between positions.  If you put the sling in the same spot on your upper arm every time as you change positions (standing, sitting, prone) your arm is not in the same place.  We used to tell folks that once they found where the sling fitted best to use a black sharpie to mark the sling at that spot so they could more rapidly make adjustments between positions.   Many folks have to make sight adjustments as well when they change positions (target shooters/high power shooters).

Be aware that as you practice more some things happen that may change how you need to adjust that sling.  Your body begins to limber up, so your position changes some.  Your eye gets to a different place behind the rear sight (because your body limbers up or because your body finds/settles into the most relaxed position to be in to improve your groups and your group placement on the target.    You might want to wait to mark that sling till you know your won't be needing to change it do to finally finding "your spot" behind the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I checked out his ts100 for a little bit. I believe his sights were slightly lower than mine due to mine being adjustable but im sure its immaterial. I think his has different apertures like an AR rear sight where mine doesnt. I like mine due to the click adjustments then micro adjustments from the front sight as my front sight is more finer than an AR front sight click adjustments. The nodak spud sight is the same as the AK/SKS sight so I can turn the post to real small increments. Maybe gentleman can have his input with his. I know his sight had some problems with the reflection of sunlight but was cured by hitting it with a lighter to dull the shine or something along the lines of that.

The apertures on the 100 are apparently the same, one is just taller.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my first hand experience of mine and my buddy's tech rear sights, his has a concave cut facing him and mine is flat on both sides. Therefore, I did not have the light reflection issue with mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my first hand experience of mine and my buddy's tech rear sights, his has a concave cut facing him and mine is flat on both sides. Therefore, I did not have the light reflection issue with mine.

I have both, I like the 100 a bit more because the ring around the aperture is wider than the 200, just makes it a bit bolder. Both are great sights.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys plan to buy a M1 now from the CMP?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do. And membership in the RWVA helps.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already did that!!!

I really scored a gem on this one. Its a '55 HRA with '55 LMR barrel with +0 M/E and 1 T/E. SCORE!!!!!!. All original and correct HRA parts excluding the springfield bolt, springfield gas block, and springfield trigger. The stock, which is also original HRA USGI wood with proper stampings, has been setup for national match, really cool.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already did that!!!

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o525/furyinyoface/616151_994228611198_1837204108_o_zps9b0beb2d.jpg

I really scored a gem on this one. Its a '55 HRA with '55 LMR barrel with +0 M/E and 1 T/E. SCORE!!!!!!. All original and correct HRA parts excluding the springfield bolt, springfield gas block, and springfield trigger. The stock, which is also original HRA USGI wood with proper stampings, has been setup for national match, really cool.

Nice rifle! Did you guys bring a centerfire rifle for the second day? Was one needed?
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already did that!!!

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o525/furyinyoface/616151_994228611198_1837204108_o_zps9b0beb2d.jpg

Nice rifle! Did you guys bring a centerfire rifle for the second day? Was one needed?

We brought our AR's but mine was not zeroed for 25 and was all over the place because I had to aim higher and couldnt see the targets. There was a 300 yard gong at the range and I went over there to ping it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a great time at AS.  Trying to get my wife to go.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats! My AS in Dec seems so far away but I haven't had any time to hit the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top