Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:20:41 PM EDT
basically what the top says. i use remington HP and they work ok switched to cci standard and they were very accurate but they dont feed well in my 597. i use mini mags also but they get pricey. looking for something around the 25$ per 500 that shoot as accurate as the cci standard
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]

I just bought all the different bulk I could find.  I shot 10 different ammo's today in my 10/22.
My Federal Bulk did the worst !!   I found a 550 box of Winchester at Walmart that did the best of the Bulk.
The American Eagle by Federal came in second.  My best group was Wolf but way too expensive.
Midrange price I shot the Remington yellow jackets very well.  I am going to use the Winchester bulk to plink and the Yellow Jackets for squirrel hunting.
Going back to Walmart tommorow to buy a couple of bulk packs of the Winchester.  I have only found them at one Walmart.
trying different ammo shooting groups of 10 at fifty yards was alot of fun.  Shot 1/2" group of 10 (50 yards) with the Wolf.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
basically what the top says. i use remington HP and they work ok switched to cci standard and they were very accurate but they dont feed well in my 597. i use mini mags also but they get pricey. looking for something around the 25$ per 500 that shoot as accurate as the cci standard

I can buy CCI minimags or standard locally for $6.95/100, which is $35 per 500.  Is the extra $10 that big of a deal-breaker, or are prices not so good in your area?

Maybe a local shop would cut you a deal if you bought 500 or 1000, and get the price down a little bit?

ETA:  My guess is that prices aren't that good in your area.  The bulk stuff I saw today was about $14-$20 per 500, depending on brand.  Hmm... do Remington subsonics work well in your gun?  I see them quite often for $3/50... that's a little closer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Federal Champion 525 rounds per box for $20. I've gone through two boxes between my CMMG AR conversion kit and a buddies brand new Marlin 795, and only have one fail to fire. They all cycled well and no jams.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
cci mini mags go for about 9or 10 bucks around here i may go with them i dont know but i like to keep at least 3k rounds of what im shooting fo it adds up thanks for them help maybe ill just do a trial and error thing
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
how dose the fed AutoMatch run saw some a WM the other day
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
federal automatch is the best bulk ammo i have found

325 round boxes are about $15 when I can find them
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your gun would like CCI Blazers. Its the same HV ammo as the Mini Mags without the copper washed bullet and a little less quality control.

The 597 was designed to function mostly with HV ammo.

No common ammo will out shoot the CCI Standard Velocity day in and day out.

Try some Winchester Dynapoints in your gun. They are right on the line between std vel and HV ammo and will usually cycle most semi and full auto .22's. They are very good quality for a bulk round, as well. Good Luck.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
federal automatch is the best bulk ammo i have found

325 round boxes are about $15 when I can find them

I'm hoping that stuff is good. I just bought some to shoot while I track down a good source of wolf .22.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I use Rem 525 bulk box in my .22 handguns and Rem subsonic in my rifles.  I get minute-of-squirrel with the scoped rifles (10/22's)...

Did you try Peter's?  It's on sale right now for $14 per 500 at BiMart around my parts.

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
You need to experiment.  Every 22 is different.  Nature of the best.  

Cheap bulk ammo and accuracy is usually mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Federal Automatch works great in my 10/22 but all weapons differ on ammo preforance.
As an example one guy says his 10/22 does not like Federal Bulk and mine likes it just fine.
Buy a low quantity of a few brands and see what yours likes best and for your needs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#12]
If you guys haven't tried Blazer bulk ammo, give it a try.  So far, it has been the most accurate of all the bulk ammo I've tried.  It's a little hard to find though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had great luck with Fed Auto Match and Winchester Dynapoints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top