Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:52:12 AM EDT
Kindof backwards I know.

I bought a suppressed barrel for a 10/22 this weekend. I dont own, nor have I ever owned a 10/22. I want to build one up and am looking for advice.
Originally I was going to go with a Anschutz style stock as I am a target rifle shooter but, I am thinking of something more traditional with maybe a target bent to it.

I need an action and trigger group, along with the other parts.

I would like any recommendations you can give me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
A suppressed barrel. Like a threaded barrel, bull barrel, or a barrel with a suppressor?

Do you already have a receiver?

Check this site out for stock ideas. I ordered my stock from them, great prices and fast shipping.

http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart/

Here is a link to some really good trigger groups. I have ordered from Gun Kings before as well. Free shipping and great customer service.

http://www.gunkings.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71_70&zenid=muttp5cgub449cnr7j946n6t93

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I really enjoy my stainless 10/22 T model but you can build one yourself that might be more accurate, etc.  Me, I'd rather shoot than tinker.

If I were you I'd try to pick up a used 10/22 action at a gunshow or pawn shop and build one up yourself.  Go to Rimfirecentral.com for inspiration, tips and tricks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a integrated bull barrel
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I need everything but the barrel. I really like the Bell and Carlson Odyssey stock but it seems pricey
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of options out there, you're only limited by how much you want to spend.  If you are just looking for mostly stock parts, you are probably better off buying a used 10/22 for a donor.  It would be cheaper than buying the parts individually.  Or you could just buy a new 10/22, and use everything except the stock and barrel.  I bought one at Dick's Sporting Goods 2 weeks ago for $213 OTD.  If you want, you can build using all aftermarket parts, (including the receiver if you want).  This can get a bit pricey depending on the parts you use.  No-Dak Spud is starting to make 10/22 receivers.  They look very nice, and are more reasonably priced then some.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a used one for $100 but only needed the receiver. The barrel is a Tac sol threaded barrel. I installed VQ trigger, hammer, mag release and dropped the action into a McMillan stock. Topping off the whole thing is a Mueller APV in Leupold base and rings. I build the rifle as a host for the SWR Warlock suppressor attached to the end of the barrel. I also built the pistol at the same time to match the rifle. It started as a ruger 22/45 frame bought from GB and all the other parts assembled to make it a nice suppressor host as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the look of that setup to. I have been thinking of going the NDS route but, it might be more economical to get a 10/22 and break it down.

Erik
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Build a custom KIDD rifle!
http://www.coolguyguns.com/
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on kidd  parts   if you need a reciever check out tactical solutions x-ring reciever also   kidd das a new threaded reciever he might be able to thread  new barrel?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+1 on kidd  parts   if you need a reciever check out tactical solutions x-ring reciever also   kidd das a new threaded reciever he might be able to thread  new barrel?

Im not sure if they fixed the firing pin problem with the X-ring yet..... I would stick with KIDD until they do. JMO!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Nodakspud has some nice receivers too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the NODAK reciever alot. I found the Kidd trigger group, which I like. So now I just need to find a resonable priced bolt.

I am torn on the stock. Still looking into the Bell and Carlson. But I am thinking about a straight stock ala a remingtom 700.

I think I would need a v block as well. Am I missing any parts?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#13]
x ring reciever comes with bolt. Kidd bolts are great. fajen makes a fully adjustable composite  stock.  barracuda and evolution are nice wood stocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top