Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:40:17 PM EDT
I am in the market for a new/used .22lr and am slightly overwhelmed by the options on the market these days.  I don't want an auto like the 10/22 or the Rem. 597.  I do think that I have narrowed it down to a bolt action, possibly the Savage Mark II BV or the CZ 452.

Any Thoughts?

ARnutt
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ is much higher quality, the best for anywhere near the same money. Quality on par with German or American guns costing twice as much.
Savage is most accurate per dollar, though not more accurate than a CZ.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
For fun, stop and look at the local pawn shops. I got a Savage mdl 19 NRA rifle and Winchester 69 with peeps from a local pawn shop.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Henry Golden Boy. They are so freakin' cool...
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Henry Golden Boy. They are so freakin' cool...

+1 Also check out the Marlin Papoose... 10 shot, magazine-fed, packs up well to take with you on a hike...

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Savage MK II with the tapered sport barrel.  Love It.  It is the most accurate and lest expensive gun I have ever bought.  What else could one want?  CZ's are loved by their owners and I'm sure they are great as well.  Quite a price difference and I'd think any accuracy difference would be the shooter not the gun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my Marlin 980SS-CF.......................I got it at Walmart for $280.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a Savage MK II thumbhole target..

I was impressed with how well it shot, smallest 50yd group is .162" (averages around .350") I'm Shooting Wolf match extra And put a Sightron SI 3-9 scope on top.

Love it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my Marlin 60s, but Love my Henry. Both styles are good guns, and very accurate. The Marlins can be had at Walmart for $147 new, but you can find them used at pawn shops for much less. The Henry rifles are a little more, but IMHO are nicer then the Marlins.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Im partial to the cz 452 military trainers.  They arent terribly expensive and will flat out shoot.
They come with an adjustable trigger and tangent sights.  
I cant wait to scope it so I can see how she really shoots.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I want one of these in .22lr and .44 mag.  

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/encore.php

-Mark.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've got a Savage MK II with the tapered sport barrel.  Love It.  It is the most accurate and lest expensive gun I have ever bought.  What else could one want?  CZ's are loved by their owners and I'm sure they are great as well.  Quite a price difference and I'd think any accuracy difference would be the shooter not the gun.

Here is my $199 Savage. The whole package including scope,bipod and sling was $199. I did a shim trigger job and spaced the action witha couple of thin washers to FF the barrel. I also used a wood screw for the trigger overtravel stop. //Slim Pickins//"shoots like a house afire!//Slim Pickens. It likes the CCI Blazer best for bulk ammo and CCI Mini-Mags for premium ammo.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
if you're not into 22lr autos than go with the CZ 452 or the Savage Mark II. Both are great.

also take a look at the Marlin Model 39a, that or a CZ 452 trainer will probably be my next 22lr rifle
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
CZ for the best $ spent.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
CZ.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
The Henry Basic Model lever carbine (H001) is smooth as butter and a real hoot to shoot.  Also, you can customize them a bit too as I did with mine buy repainting the receiver cover and barrel band aluminum, adding a peep sight (really helps if your eyes are older), and modifying the front sight to work the higher rear peep.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top