Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:21:14 PM EDT
The CZ 452 seems to be very popular around this forum (and others) ; what advantages does it offer over the Ruger 77/22?

The Ruger 77/22 has magazine commonality with 10/22, so there is a plus for the Ruger.  On top of that, there are a lot more aftermarket parts -- everything from FCG parts to stocks -- while for the CZ AFAIK there is not much.

What does the CZ have going for it?
Cheaper? More accurate?  Nicer looking?  Smoother action?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The Ruger is considered the "nicer" rifle of the two. But the CZ is cheaper and almost all examples are very accurate--77/22s are known to be hit-or-miss in the accuracy department.

BTW, 10/22 mags will go in the 77/22 and function, but they hang out the bottom. Real 77/22 mags are tapered to match the stock line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
You can read a very spirited discussion of this very topic here:

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171506
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I had my eyes on a 77/22 for a long time but could never find a decent price on one.  I never found a used one.  I won't pay a new price for a rifle with a bolt that seems so sloppy.  Then I found out about the CZ.  Both rifles are tack drivers, but the CZ is very nicely made and seems a bit more precision than the Ruger.  I owned two of the CZ-LUX models and then I scored a varminter.  I added a Timney trigger and can't imagine a finer bolt action .22 for the money:

Photo shows a Bushnell, but the rifle deserved a Leupold and now wears one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The 77/22 has a two piece bolt and a slip in / clamped barrel. Not too hot. Great ergos though. These are handsome but as stated accuracy is iffy.
The CZ is screwed together and the barrels are legendary. Cheap trigger on the 452 but can be easily cleaned up. CZ has a reputation for accurate rimfires. Even the often persnikity mag. I am waiting on my fourth to come back from barrel threading. Hope it shoots just like the other three.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top