Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2006 3:07:40 PM EDT

Top Walmart Special w/Kahles 4-10 Rimfire scope, Talley Mounts, GM 16.5 Sporter bbl, Volquartsen Trigger group (can regularly shoot dimes at 50 yards).

Bottom Volquartsen .17 HMR with Zeiss 4-12 conquest, volq mounts and snake fluted bbl (can regularly shoot dimes at 100 yards).
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Very, very nice rifles, the both of them.

I like the custom jobs that aren't so flashy they scream "Look how much money I spent on my gun!" Yours look like guns that were built to perform, not just to look like they perform.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. I like the stock on the Ruger....is that the "Sporter" version, or what do thay call that one? Oh, I bet is is the factory bull barrel gun stock.....excuse my ignorance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Very nice. I like the stock on the Ruger....is that the "Sporter" version, or what do thay call that one? Oh, I bet is is the factory bull barrel gun stock.....excuse my ignorance.

Its the DSP=Deluxe Special stock which usually comes with a blued 20' sporter bbl (not the heavy .920 bbl) and is American Walnut.  Wallys (Walmart) gets special/custom runs from ruger that are sold only through them.  This is one of them; it came from the factory.... a stainless steel with a birch DSM stock.  Was only around $250.00 to boot.

I bought it primarily for the silver receiver and then added a Green Mountain 16.5 fluted sporter barrel which is short and light.  Green Mountain sporter bbls consitantly out shoot the factory Ruger Targer bbl.  It needed a light sanding to fit/float the stock.  

I added the volquarsen trigger which breaks like glass and significantly improves my accuracy.  

The Khales Rimfire Scope costs almost as much as everything else but, you know the rule...  Buy the best glass you can and better to have great glass and a good gun than vice-versa.  

I added a plastic bolt buffer to reduce action slamming wear and noise and a stainless allen take down screw (they don't get buggerred easily).

The rifle is short and very very handy in the field/brush and its accuracy is amazing.  It is without question my squirrel go-to gun.

I had thought about doing a camo or custom paint job... but the thing is so damn sexy as is I don't want to screw around with it.....  for now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]

I had thought about doing a camo or custom paint job... but the thing is so damn sexy as is I don't want to screw around with it..... for now.

I'd leave it too...it looks great in a simple way.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Who makes that stock on the bottom rifle?
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who makes that stock on the bottom rifle?

Green McMillian from Volquartsen...
Link Posted: 10/7/2006 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
nice rig
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, those are awesome.  I'd love to have one chambered in .17hmr.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Couldn't help myself...  Added a custom jewelled bolt, a VQ rod and spring, and a Bell Carlson sporter stock (last one in the regular bbl size and not a heavy target size - stopped making them)....

Link Posted: 12/15/2006 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the green McMillan stock:

I also have the same McMillan stock on my 10/22, but mine is in woodland camo to match my M40A1 clone.  My McMillan stock also has an integral accessory rail on the bottom, which comes in handy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like the green McMillan stock:
I also have the same McMillan stock on my 10/22, but mine is in woodland camo to match my M40A1 clone.  My McMillan stock also has an integral accessory rail on the bottom, which comes in handy.

Where's the pic?????
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been thinking of doing that to my bolt, but just keep putting it on the "to do later" list. Did you have someone jewel the bolt or did you buy it already done?

Nice looking rifle BTW.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have been thinking of doing that to my bolt, but just keep putting it on the "to do later" list. Did you have someone jewel the bolt or did you buy it already done?

Nice looking rifle BTW.

http://community-2.webtv.net/RandyAtCPC/CPC1022BoltRework/index.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Is that some custom cleaning rod holder you made, there behind the rifles?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Similar product:
Sinclair Cleaning Rod Case
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Similar product:
Sinclair Cleaning Rod Case

It's a folding Sinclair AR-15/AR-10 Rifle Cradle with the cleaning rod case attached.  I'm not sure if they still make/sell these.  The advantage.....it folds away when you don't need it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top