Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 11:03:11 PM EDT
Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42mm A/O

First off, I have to say I loved this scope.  At 24x it got a little cloudy, but anything below 18x was nice & clear.   A mil-dot reticle along with target turrets and A/O make this scope a great deal for the money.  
They run a little under $100 new.

Yesterday @ an Ohio Arfcom shoot, I put roughly 1200 rounds through my 10/22.  Then all of a sudden the picture goes blurry....While I'm shooting.  

So I play w/ the A/O and turn the power up and down....nothing.  Pull the scope out of the rings and shook it...rattles.  

I don't have the original box...and can't find the cabelas receipt...going to see if it can be warrantied @ all...kinda doubt it though.    I'd expect this scope to be able to handle centerfire...as thats' what it seems to be designed for.
Yet it failed on a .22lr.  

Has this happened to any of you guys
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the original "World Class" scopes made in Japan.   It was all I could afford at the time.  It cost me just over $200 many years ago.   I put it on my Rem 700classic in .22-250.  It  has a 1/8" dot in the center w/ very  thin crosshairs, 6X24 w/AO and target knobs.   It has never failed me.   I still feel like I should replace it because it is "Trashco" but it works pretty well.

It will probably fail me one of these days.   Sorry yours quit ya.

Edited to add:   Take a look at the Simmons line.   I have one on my 10/22 and love it.   4.5X14 w/AO.   It is a dang nice scope, and under $100.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 Take a look at the Simmons line.   I have one on my 10/22 and love it.   4.5X14 w/AO.   It is a dang nice scope, and under $100.

4.5-14x40 w/ AO would be perfect.  Where did you get your simmons?  
I have a 3-9x32 simmons that I'll put on it for now, but it doesnt have AO, so it kind of sucks @ 50 yards.  Great @ 100 though.  

I don't want an objuective bigger than 42mm, because then I'd need a higher base or rings.
I like my ring/base setup now & want to leave it alone.  I'm a cheap bastard .
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually bought mine from a pawn shop used.   It is the "Whitetail Classic" version.   I'm not sure if they make the exact model still, but I've seen a few that have the same features.    I think it is 44mm objective.   That might turn you off, but you should still check it out.
Top Top