Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:13:34 PM EDT
Ok, so I know that its pretty simple to modify a 10/22 to go full auto, got a few friends who've done that already. The problem is, I'm not interested in commiting any felonys at the moment, though I would entertain the idea of purchasing one legally.

Anybody got any ideas where I can get a full auto 10/22?

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they use to make them. My great uncle was involved with the company that made them. I saw one at a gun show a few years back but that is the only one I have seen.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
John Norrell.

Hope you've got a wad of cash.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Hope ya also have a box full of mags, as FA 10/22s tend to turn most high-cap mags (exception being the metal lipped mags) into melted goo in short order..........

So I have heard.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I think John's FA trigger packs are currently running about $8k, more or less.  Yikes.

Here is what I (humbly) think is the next best thing:

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The last trigger packs that were released wented in min's at 10k each.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Hm... good info, though I was hoping for a more affordable answer. Seems like .22 FA would be a natural choice, since ammo is so cheap. Any reason why they aren't being offered anymore? Ban's over.... what's up?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ban's over.... what's up?

AWB is over but it was Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, which effectively banned the manufacture of "new" machine guns.........

Your NFA fu could use some updating.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hm... good info, though I was hoping for a more affordable answer. Seems like .22 FA would be a natural choice, since ammo is so cheap. Any reason why they aren't being offered anymore? Ban's over.... what's up?

The ban had nothing to do with full autos.  Only cosmetic features and high cap mags.

New manufacture of machine guns for civillians was halted in 1986.

Now something that should cost ~500 costs 11-12K.   Fucking illegal abuse of power, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry like the others have said the ban had nothing to do with machine guns (real assault weapons) contrary to what the news media told you.  And I havent found that ice cream truck selling AK47's and M16's, Ahh I know they are all over at the middle schools, I need to run by there on the way home and pick up a dozen or so machine guns for 50 bucks.

Quoted:

Quoted:

The ban had nothing to do with full autos.  Only cosmetic features and high cap mags.

New manufacture of machine guns for civillians was halted in 1986.

Now something that should cost ~500 costs 11-12K.   Fucking illegal abuse of power, if you ask me.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The norrell 10/22 is about the best of the FA 22s IMHO.
FA rimfire is not just make a sear and go. You have bolt bounce you have to address and that can at times require lots of work. Even the Norrells have a special bolt.

22 conversions on existing machine guns might be a better option.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

BAAAAA...BAAAAAA

We need a smiley that looks like a sheeple!

Sorry dude, but that's not the case, just what the libtards want everone to think.

Stick around here, read up, and you will understand all.

Check out the M16 forum, lots of serious advice.

Travis
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]

$11,500
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
id say for the cheaper fullauto rifle .22 try an AC556 with a .22 kit. AC556s go for about $6-7k and the conversions are ~$200. i think that is the better way to go because that way you have a .223 mg and a .22 mg.

(an AC556 is a fullauto Mini-14)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I would say it's all been pretty much covered except for one part:  Find new friends.  I don't even want to know anyone who has an illegal MG.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would say it's all been pretty much covered except for one part:  Find new friends.  I don't even want to know anyone who has an illegal MG.

+1

and if you shoot it, be sure to wear gloves
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
If interested I have one for sale ,for less than 11K. E-mail me if interested. Thanks Eric  [email protected]  -Remove XXX-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top