Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:24:20 PM EDT
Why oh why is is that everyone ignores the 10/22 mag crowd? I can find extened magazines for a regular 10/22, or a 10/22LR, but for 10/22 magnum there is NOTHING!
Does anyone here know when, if ever, I'll be able to get hi-cap mags for my 10/22 magnum?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno, but you can bet Ill buy one (the rifle) when they (the mags) become plentiful and cheap.  Will the rifle shoot .22 LR also?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
No, the 10/22 magnum will not fire .22LR.

The problem with the .22 magnum is that you don't gain much over the .22LR.  The ammo is harder to get and more expensive and the rifle itself is almost twice the price of the standard 10/22.  The manufacturers know that the 10/22 is the most common .22 rifle (hell, maybe the most commonly owned rifle PERIOD) in the country, so they make their products available for it knowing there is an excellent market that isn't going away.  The 10/22 magnums are relatively rare.  Just try to find a used one online for sale and you can get an idea of how uncommon they are.

If someone is going to step up from .22LR, usually they go with a .17HMR or something centerfire.

You say regular 10/22 and then 10/22LR... there is no "regular 10/22".  The 10/22 is .22LR.  I'm not sure what you were trying to say there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah, my mistake then, didn't know that it was only LR vs. Magnum...
Still, I love my 10/22 magnum
I want hi-capacity!!!
Is there anywhere I could have them built or something? I'm desperate here hacko.gif
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ah, my mistake then, didn't know that it was only LR vs. Magnum...
Still, I love my 10/22 magnum
I want hi-capacity!!!
Is there anywhere I could have them built or something? I'm desperate here

Contact Tactical Innovations and see if they will manufacture some.  They make all aluminum 10/22 mags so it really should be as simple as changing the dimensions on the CNC and making/ordering different followers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The only solution I am aware of is to use spacers to connect two factory mags back to back. Either Staffords or Hawktech carries them. Just a small black poly spacer shaped like the belly of the mag on two sides. I take mine and grind some off to fit better, then epoxy them together. Not elegant, but 100% reliability... which cannot be said for most aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Five speed,  I'm with you on the desire for hi-caps for the Mag.  The comment that the mag isn't much more than a LR is way under experienced...  They are in the future from at least wo sources, and I believe that Midway has listed them...  Gotta love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top