Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 4:39:44 PM EDT
I've got a pretty much stock 10/22.  It shoots pretty well, but the trigger pull is too heavy to my tastes.  Does anyone know what the factory weight of the trigger is?  I'd like the weight to be half as much as it is now if possible.  From what I understand, I can just buy an aftermarket sear that will drop the weight quite a bit.  Is this true?  

What would be a good (low cost) way of doing this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
VQ Hammer more than halved my trigger pull.  Its great now!  Cheap mod as well, and easy to install
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
VQ hammer.

Rimfirecentral.com has dealers for various items listed in their forum, or google it. You will get a better deal at RFC though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
VQ Hammer more than halved my trigger pull.  Its great now!  Cheap mod as well, and easy to install

+1 very good mod for the money.

You can get a better pull but you get diminishing returns the more you spend. The VQ hammer is the best bang for your buck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
i know this is little bit more but i bought a hornet trigger group, mine is one of there higher end modelss but you can buy a lowerend one for like $80 now that is awesome you can get a 2.5 lb pull, and also the group will have match grade parts in it, and a v-trigger, and man the groups they make is awesome, the have no trigger slop or slack and they are super crisp

just my .02 cents
look them up on ebay
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
A VQ hammer dropped my trigger to 1.5 pounds, and its the only think I Changed...I may get a sear to get it even lower but , I'm not sure if its worth it
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Want to lower your trigger pull without breaking the bank. Check out HawkTech Arms. They have the Volquartsen 10/22 Target Hammer for $32.60. I got the 10/22 PC Target Hammer for $28.95. This thing works great.All prices include shipping. I got mine in about 3 days.

Quoted:
I've got a pretty much stock 10/22.  It shoots pretty well, but the trigger pull is too heavy to my tastes.  Does anyone know what the factory weight of the trigger is?  I'd like the weight to be half as much as it is now if possible.  From what I understand, I can just buy an aftermarket sear that will drop the weight quite a bit.  Is this true?  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I run a 'Power Custom' hammer, dropped the trigger pull to 2.5 lb's.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for the vq hammer
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone in here just dremel the sear down? I had a 10/22 and dremeled the edge of the sear where it contacts the hammer and that done it. Just dremeled until it fit my taste.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
A kidd is the best, so i've heard, but a VQ hammer will make a HUGE difference over stock.  
For around $30 you can't beat it.  

I may get a Kidd someday though...

# Two-stage design for total reliability
# Adjustable from 6oz-3lbs
# 50% lighter hammer for significantly faster lock-time
# Adjusts for length of pull, cant, and over-travel
# Extended Magazine Release
# Automatic bolt release
$279 www.coolguyguns.com/Jan05Ruger1022products2.htm

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
VQ Hammer. -Justin
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I used a Clark trigger, hammer, and sear.  It was the cheapest and I am pleased with the results.  The parts are super easy to install.  A 10-22 stock trigger will eventually break in, as I haven't tampered with my original rifle that is over 20 years old.  When I bought a new rifle, the trigger was very rough by comparison.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Want to lower your trigger pull without breaking the bank. Check out HawkTech Arms. They have the Volquartsen 10/22 Target Hammer for $32.60. I got the 10/22 PC Target Hammer for $28.95. This thing works great.All prices include shipping. I got mine in about 3 days.

Quoted:

I might have to try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top