Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 8:09:57 AM EDT
Anyone tell me what a registered sear pack is vs. a host machinegun?  am i asking this in the right place?  just wondered if there was a way to make my 10/22 rifle a full auto machinegun leagally with a form4?  MI law says it has to be manufactrured before 1986.  is there such a thing?  thanks guys for any input or direction to find out more about this.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
the machine gun (wheather its a reiver, or sear pack) must be made and registered before may 19 1986,  or it can not be sold to a private individual. there are poeple that can own post 86 machine guns, such as the military, law enforcement, certin types of dealers, and certin manufactures. its not just a law in MI, but a federal law.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
There are registered trigger packs available from time to time.  I think they run in the $7000+ range.  For that, you can pretty muc get a Registered Lightning Link for an AR-15.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone tell me what a registered sear pack is vs. a host machinegun?

A registered sear pack fits into the host gun to make it a legal machinegun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
maby he means a registered reciver vs a registered sear pack. a registered reciver is when the reciver of the gun is considered the machine gun, registered sear pack is when the sear is considered a machinegun. so that means that if you buy a registered sear pack you can put it in any 10/22 you own. but with a registered reciver you must use the full auto parts in that gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The only full auto 10/22's that I've seen are those that were modified by John Norrell.  I remember reading about another one that was modified by someone else, but I can't remember any details.
Yes, they need to have been registered before 1986.  John has some that he's releasing a few at a time & they go VERY fast.  He sold some last year for I think ~$7-8k each.   I was lucky enough to buy a "new" complete Norrell 10/22 early last year with his integral suppressed barrel.  It's a very nice setup.  There's a Norrell F/A trigger pack & bolt listed on autoweapons.com for $10k.  There's also a thread on one of the boards that talks about how overpriced this seller is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a suppressed 10/22 last year that included a registered sear for $4500.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone seen any plans for the Norell type 1/22 conversion?  I've heard it said many times that his is the best but never been told why.  Sometimes they cost twice as much - WHY?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:23 AM EDT
[#8]
the Only full auto 10/22's ive seen have been Norells.. the others i have seen seem to be a breafcase with a motor on the trigger..

on that note if the trigger pack is regsterd part that would kick ass... only other thing that would be needed is a spare recever to work on a belt fed converson... mmmm belt fed 22's...

*dont know if it could be done but that would be a smoken cool setup..*
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
A Norrell registered trigger assembly pack is for sale at Autoweapons.com (for pics) and you can find the description if you scroll down here.

It's only $10,500.

It sounds expensive, but they are pretty hard to find and - better yet - this one is legal.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
John Norrell still has some, though he releases them on a limited basis.  His is based on a registered trigger pack and modified bolt, so it'll fit right on any factory 10/22.

www.johnnorrellarms.com

Does some great Moly-Resin refinish work as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A Norrell registered trigger assembly pack is for sale at Autoweapons.com (for pics) and you can find the description if you scroll down here.

It's only $10,500.

It sounds expensive, but they are pretty hard to find and - better yet - this one is legal.  

My friend just picked one up at the local show from a PP for $5500. QWas an early Norrel in a suppressed gun. At least it was a friend that got it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top