Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:55:47 PM EDT
Ok, I'm getting ready to build myself a 10/22 from scratch.  All I have is the empty reciever.  this is actually going to be a .17 HM2 conversion.

So should I go with a stock factory trigger or is there another that you recommend?  

Bear in mind this is not going to be an all out expense build.  It will be a plinking rifle and perhaps maybe a varmit rifle.  I don't want to go crazy with the cost and want to go for the best value....not necessarily the cheapest...but the best value

also, any recommendations for bolt, and other accessories is welcome

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok, I'm getting ready to build myself a 10/22 from scratch.  All I have is the empty reciever.  this is actually going to be a .17 HM2 conversion.

So should I go with a stock factory trigger or is there another that you recommend?  

Bear in mind this is not going to be an all out expense build.  It will be a plinking rifle and perhaps maybe a varmit rifle.  I don't want to go crazy with the cost and want to go for the best value....not necessarily the cheapest...but the best value

also, any recommendations for bolt, and other accessories is welcome

I have to be honest -- I have not messed with the 10/22 trigger but I really need to because the stock ones must be in the 6 or 7 pound pull range. There are a lot of good trigger kits and there must be at least a ton of info on how to do a trigger job yourself. I need to find out myself because the factory Ruger 10/22 trigger is a bear! If no info shows up here, try over in rimfire central.

Are you going to get an EABCO .17 Mach2 barrel and bolt or are you going for the expensive stuff? I built a 10/22 in the Mach2 round and it shoots like a target rifle but it's a standard carbine barrel that I relined and chambered in the Mach2. I used a heavy bolt charger from Brownell's -- it looks exactly like the one EABCO sells with their Mach2 barrels.

Good luck with your build!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Clark is what I installed.  Cleaner than stock, overtravel screw, very good stuff.  Check out Brownells for a full line of 10/22 parts.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The relining interests me.  Did you do it yourself?  If not, who did the work, and please tell the cost.  I need to compare it to a new barrel.  (mine is deluxe stainless)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
to answer the above I'm going to go with an EBACO kit.  Figure it's the easiest and cheapest
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:24:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
to answer the above I'm going to go with an EBACO kit.  Figure it's the easiest and cheapest

From all reports the EABCO setup is a super deal for the money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The relining interests me.  Did you do it yourself?  If not, who did the work, and please tell the cost.  I need to compare it to a new barrel.  (mine is deluxe stainless)

I hate to bust in on leo6223's topic but I did the relining. If you plan on doing some yourself plan on doing a few barrels because the cost for just one is up around the cost of a good target barrel.
All the tools where gotten from Brownells.
Barrel liner drill -- $90
.17 cal liner       -- $35
Chamber reamer - $65
Crowning tool    -- $40
crown pilot         -- $20 (I think)
---------------------------------
                              $250(aprox)
I've done about 12 different barrels -- mostly for the AR-15. GI barrels are a bear and can snap the liner drill if you don't pay attention. The 10/22 barrels are softer and are a piece of cake to work with. I'm not a gunsmith so I only do this for myself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]
KIDD
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
KIDD
img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/eklikewhoa/ruger%20ten-twentytwo/IMG_0010.jpg

I think you missed the part about inexpensive....the trigger costs more than the whole gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
KIDD
img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/eklikewhoa/ruger%20ten-twentytwo/IMG_0010.jpg

I think you missed the part about inexpensive....the trigger costs more than the whole gun.

for some reason i read "all out expense build"

in that case i would go with a stock trigger guard with a vq hammer, send factory trigger group to tt shooter
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
i just ordered one of these last night.  the price seem right ($90) and it comes with the improved mag release, and bolt catch.  pull is 2.75 lbs.  of course i haven't tried it yet, so i'll have to post a report later.

www.hornetproducts.com/default.asp
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
tt shooter could get your stock trigger down to about 1#

but let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes I don't know why I bother to post.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=188769
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sometimes I don't know why I bother to post.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=188769

Saw that, just wondering if anyone knew of any different triggers.  Have you fired your 10/22 with the new trigger group?  How did it work?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top