Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 12:49:21 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a suppressor for my 10/22 when I get out of BCT/AIT, but I want a removable threaded one if at all possible, instead of the intergral ones that I've seen before. What's good, and where can I get it?

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are some .22 lr muzzle suppressors  -- these are the quietest that I either own or have heard (in no particular order):

Gemtech Outback II

SWR Warlock

AAC Pilot

SRT Cheyenne XL

As far a barrel threading, I would ask the manufacturer of the suppressor who they recommend.  You can tread the stock barrel -- I had mine cut to 16.25 inches and threaded.  I happen to like my stock barrel as I do not like the added weight of the bull barrel and my barrel shoots very well -- your results may vary as not all Ruger stock barrels shoot well.   It is important to do the threading correctly, e.g. concentric with the bore with a square shoulder etc.  Another option is to get a Tactical Solutions threaded barrel.  See: Tactical Solutions

Here is a photo of one of mine in a Hogue stock with a Bowers CAC22 all stainless suppressor.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 10/22 barrel cut back to 16 1/4" and threaded 1/2 X 28 by Caleb Williams of Shadow Ops Shop, did a really good job and quick turn around.  Any of those listed above are will get you started, I bought a TAC 64 from Tactical Innovations, decent suppressor for what I paid ($110 delivered).  'Course that did'nt cover transfer taxes and fees.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a barrel from "Tractormandan" on Ebay for $40. It's a factory sporter barrel with a threaded muzzle. Very well done and everything lines up right. Works great with my Outback.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top