Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:40:39 PM EDT
I'm hoping there's someone out there who can help me.

I have one of these rifles and with open iron sights it's one of the most acurate 22lr rifles I've shot. But it is missing a vital part, well vital to me because I want it 100% right.
It's missing the safety which does not hamper the use of the rifle at all but I want to manufacture a replacement. There's a guy in my local club with a K98 and he thinks the safety looks very similar (i've not been able to see it yet), I was wondering if it's the same. I'd realy like to see some pics of a safety catch removed from a K98 to see how it looks and if possible get some accurate dimensions.

I'd realy appreciate any help anyone can give.

sorry for the fuzzy pic, but here's how mine looks

and here's a link with a bit of info about this type of rifle.

Mauser 22lr traing rifles

cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
bumpety bump coz no one's replying..

someone must have an answer
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow nice looking rifle.. no help for ya though :-( i have own one mauser and loved the hell out of it open sights on it i could shoot better then with most others scoped...

if i could pick one up at the price of a good ole K98 then i would grab one but a grand ouch...

anyway good luck with that

Jess
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I did not pay much for mine. But it is missing the safety and it's still my most accurate 22 with open sights.

I'm just fussy and want it complete.

cheers  

Taffy
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The picture isn't clear but it looks like a standard 98 shroud and cocking piece. The firing pin has to be removed from the bolt and then from the shroud for the safety to come out. If one of your friends knows how to disassemble a 98 bolt have him see if it is the same. It's relatively simple and I would think a 98 safety would work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
check out www.surplusrifle.com, on the mauser page it has a bolt disassembly section.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
many thanks for the info guys...I'll have a look

cheers

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top