Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 9:28:32 PM EDT
I just recently picekd up a 10/22.

Local Fleet Farm had a sale i couldn't pass up.

Now, i know they make everything for these..barrels, stocks.....everything.

What's good, and what's crap?

I've been somewhat interested by those "backpacker" takedown stocks. Any good?

I'm not planning on sticking hundreds into this thing for bull barrels and match stocks, etc. jsut a few small things to improve overall performance. If i wanna drive tacks, I've got the M1A.

What would you suggest?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Before I got hooked on ar's I was a 10-22 nut.  Some of the cheaper upgrades are the Volquartsen Drop in hammer  35$, exact edge extractor 11$, weponscraft bolt buffer about 5$.  The hammer drops the trigger pull to about 3 to 3.5 pounds and the buffer eliminates the clank noise after the shot. Both are well worth the money.  The extractor probably isnt needed until you step up to a tighter chambered bull brl.
In shotgun news, J&G sells a 16 or 20" bull bl with a hogue overmold stock for 99.95, good stuff.
Also Rimfirecentral.com is a great site for all rimfire info.
And lastly, all the titanium stuff is a waste of money. Just my opinion

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You can make a buffer for about $0.50.  Measure the bolt pin stop hole and go to Home Depot or another hardware store.  Get some plastic tubing that is the size of the bolt stop hole.  Stick a cut off nail in the tubing.  Cut both to the width of the reciever.  Maybe someone else can explain better.  ]www.rimfirecentral.com] has everything you need to know about 10/22's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm wanting to get a Hogue Synthetic stock. Anyone have any experience with one of these?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm wanting to get a Hogue Synthetic stock. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Yup, had one on my 10/22 and 10/22 Mag for years.  Been very happy with them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
only thing i added was an extended mag release, just a cheapy ramline one for 5bux.
didnt want to spend the 20bux on a alum volq one till i know how i liked it.

ill add that i agree that titanium stuff is a waste, i dont see how it makes anything any better, and is prolly just to make the gun sound sexier and for bragging rights.

im also not a big fan of volq parts, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:19:38 AM EDT
[#6]
dont forget the auto bolt release.  eliminates the hassle of fighting with the release everytime you put in a mag.  also a reduced power springs set is a good buy.  i got ALL of my springs replaced for like 15 bucks, that and a new hammer has made my pull about 2.5#.

www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/detailfs?userid={2394B0ED-2626-4BC0-AD60-2C3B6046F572}&ndx=1&slideshow=0&AlbumId={25690A7F-1720-4B3F-9F16-2E60327BC1E3}&GroupId=&screenheight=864
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
the auto bolt release can be made with a dremel tool in about 5 min.

take out the release lever, there is a hole in it with a small hook, grind and smooth that hook flat. DONE!!

just trying to save ya a few bucks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#8]
interesting.....

got any pics of the mod?

That's definitly worth looking into...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
interesting.....

got any pics of the mod?

That's definitly worth looking into...

www.rimfirecentral.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top