Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 12:33:15 PM EDT
Hot lips mags can be modified to do a last shot hold open... Here's what I did...
Take a razor blade and hammer and split the mag open. Next, remove the lower left(when looking at it from the side with the thing sticking out) corner of the follower to allow it to slide down further. Doing this will allow the magazine to hold 11 rounds. Please note that this is not legal so do not leave it in this configuration. Next epoxy a dowel (the same size as a 22 shell) or an empty .22 shell to the top of the follower.
Epoxy the whole thing back together and when the magazine gets to the 11th round, it will hit it and be held open.
This will prevent you from accidentaly dry firing which can damage rimfire firearms...
It may not be the BEST way but it can be made cleanly and it does it's job...

I suppose you could do this without splitting it open and modifying the follower but then you lose a round in capacity...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats a good tip.
Although I have had problems with these things so i stick with the rotary mags
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Really? I've had nothing but good luck with them.. What kinda' problems???
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I may have it backwards, but the big box o winchester rounds woudln't cycle as reliably as a big box o' remmingtons in my 10/22...

maybe its the ammo you're using...

I have sme cheap eagle mags, and they are really sorry.

I like the rotary mags better myself.

But maybe a different ammo will cycle the hot lips ones better.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Federal Lightning and Blazer both function flawlessly in my Hot Lips...

Did that sound gay?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Really? I've had nothing but good luck with them.. What kinda' problems???

i need to puch them forward to make them load properly.  These are the 10 round steel lipped mags
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, thats a good idea.last shot dry fire always happens on the 25 rnd. mags. Technicly(thats not spelled right)it should work for those to, sholdn't it?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.. Should work for them too, technically :-P
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top