Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:19:19 PM EDT
I am thinking of buying a 10/22 for target practice. Should I buy a regular 10/22 like at the local Wally World and then upgrade? Is the barrel easily removed for adding on target barrels? I have the stock I want and it is for a .920 barrel. So is adding the barrel difficult, gunsmith needed? Or should I buy the ruger model with the target barrel. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want the Ruger target bbl. buy it. If you want someother type buy the cheap one. The bbl. is removed by taking out 2 hex screws & sliding the bbl. & bbl. block off. Push in the new bbl. replace the block put in 2 screws. No problem!  Good luck. I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
MS is right. You can gain a lot of info by browsing this forum for the last 5 to 10 pages.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
NOW you are caught by the second disease of this forum. 10/22 fever. I started with the base model and have replaced everything  except the receiver. Fagen stock, Volq trigger, extended mag release, and a Kimber barrel. I have about $1,000.00 into it without optics. I haven't found the scope I want on it yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad you admitted to a $1000 10/22 9supercomp. I don't feel so bad about wrapping up ~$700 w/scope in my second 10/22.

ED, I would go with a standard carbine at the lowest price you can get and install a Green Mountain barrel. Add a Volquartsen target hammer and your well on the way to a real addiction. Check out Rimfire Central.com for a link to the Green Mountain barrels and a whole bunch of other tricks and stuff. Good site and great people.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Fruit_of_the_Looms
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I only paid $330.00 so far. $100 for the used rifle, $30 for the new stock, $150 for the new barrel, $50.00 for the hammer and release. I got really lucky at finding parts dirt cheap.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
9 Supercomp, Now that is what I do, search and search for the best deals. I know I have been hooked before, especially with my AR's and all the tricked out $#@! you can get. I basically want to get a good plinker (standard ruger) and then buy a cheap ruger and upgrade that baby to a target master. I really would like to get a silenced ruger with integral barrel, I think that would be just sweet!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally want a screw on suppressor.
I already have a 10/22 barrel and a Mark II with threads on them. Double the fun. I do like the looks of the integral's though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top