Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2022 11:16:18 AM EDT
I'm looking for a basic knife that fits inside a single molle panel, either single or double sided, that aren't made by Benchmade.
Prefer cheap because I'm trying to outfit a chest rig, plate carrier, and backpacks with the same thing so I'm not moving it around a lot. Basically a get-off-me tool for retention.

edited to add: fixed blade
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Eafengrow EF970 Folding Knife D2 Steel Blade& G10 Handle

On Amazon  $26.99
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eafengrow EF970 Folding Knife D2 Steel Blade& G10 Handle

On Amazon  $26.99
View Quote

thanks, edited to add fixed blade. Any thoughts on K-bar Skeleton Knife? Seems like I could probably wedge the sheath into molle and zip tie it down to attach.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
SOCP knockoff?

https://a.co/d/4ZKJDSB
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SOCP knockoff?

https://a.co/d/4ZKJDSB
View Quote

I saw them, and if you look at their "store" it's mostly gas station knives

I'm not against spending ~50 each but not wanting to hit triple digits for something that will likely (hopefully) never be used outside practice
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you’re interested in SOCP style daggers, DVOR has a batch of milsurp Air Force daggers available:

https://www.dvor.com/military-surplus-air-force-dagger-71-2022-07-21.html

The only thing that concerns me is it says “all sharp edges have been rounded by vibratory tumbling.”  I don’t know if that’s them stating it was tumbled for ergonomics by the vendor prior to sharpening, or if that is something the Air Force did when they surplused them.  

Personally not a fan of that style of knife since they tend to be unitaskers that don’t cut well, but lots of people disagree and buy them.  Almost like I am not the tactical blade arbiter or something.

Other options: small skeletonized ESEE, cheap Mora, or buy some small kitchen knives (paring knife is great), buy some kydex sheets, and make sheaths for them.  I know a lot of serious guys who do that.  I would caution you that without a ring or good guard, the possibility of cutting your hand is decent if you’re stabbing, but you may be able to find something like the above with a good choil at least.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought one. No edge at all. Just a block of steel that was never finished into the picture you see. I returned it same day.
View Quote

Look at the options, one of the black versions is a trainer.
Sure your didn't order that version?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Morakniv. Lot's of options. Sharp, inexpensive and good quality.

All else fails, easy to find on Amazon.

https://morakniv.se/en/knife-series/
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at the ESSE knives for a fixed blade.  I like the RB3 but they make some smaller.

Tops Devils Claw ( take a grinder and remove the back serration so you don’t cut yourself.  )

Flexcut Pelican knife $32.99 sharpest knife you will ever own. Wood carving knife.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Not cheap, but not outrageously expensive:

ESEE-3MIL-P-BLK (GLASS BREAKER, MOLLE BACK)

I have one mounted below my Spiritus chest rig, behind my Ferro Min Dangler, with one of these:

Ferro Concepts Wingthing™

Ferro also makes these, which can be quite handy:

Knifenook™
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#13]
How cheap?  Wally world has these in different colors and blades for less than $10. Not my vid

Ozark Trail $5 dollar Fixed Blade Part 2!

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#14]
For what you’re describing-
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Hafta find you a sheath though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the Glock knife is the winner.

The okc kbar has straps for a single column but it's to big to fit inside the column.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Glock knife is what you seek. They seem pretty popular with Ukrainian troops right now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Kershaw makes one
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Kershaw makes one
View Quote

Just saw this today.  

I’d say this is the winner.

Slender, solid, Kydex holster.  Should fit in 1 molle slot.  

Very stabby.

Amazon Product
  • 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade with high carbon is heat treated for performance, hardness and durability
  • Handle is reinforced synthetic polymer encased by textured rubber for grip security; reinforcement provides increased strength, stiffness and stability
  • Tech rich black oxide coating converts steel to magnetite to boost appearance and corrosion resistance

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top