Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2022 1:43:25 PM EDT
I have a Silynx Clarus PTT connected to a Baofeng BF-F8HP. When using the radio, sound comes through extremely quiet to the earbuds. Transmit works fine, sound amplification from the Silynx works fine too, I am sure this is an issue just with sound from the Baofeng. From searching it appears that it is necessary to use an amplified PTT with most Baofengs. I really like the Clarus and would like to keep it, don't want to use another PTT.

What options are there for an inline amplifier that could work between the Baofeng and Silynx?
If there aren't any amplifier options, what radios of similar spec that don't require an amplified PTT are available?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Disco 32 for amplified Baofeng connectors, should do the trick.

https://www.disco32.com/products/female-nato-six-pin-to-kenwood-plug-adapter

Not sure if they make one for the Silynx QD, but you could potentially get a custom unit made. Or buy a Silynx 6-pin connector to hook up to the amplified 2-pin adapter. Hope this helps.

Are you rolling with the NEXUS plug PTT only, the one without the battery? I was under the impression that the full Clarus and Claris XPR were amplified units.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top