Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2020 1:10:27 AM EDT
With all of the stuff going on, I think it is a good idea to have Bear Spray on me if something goes down, specially if there is a riot or whatever it be.  Any suggestion on a pouch to carry a 9.2 bottle.  I see there are some bottle holders on Amazon, not sure if they will hold this small of a canister. Not looking for a super hight quality pouch for this and don't want to spend a bunch on it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
FNPI again.  The pouches they come with hold them well and for me have been durable enough to last though a couple of weeks of hiking in Glacier and Yellowstone without falling apart.

Of course perhaps the OP wants a tier 1 quick release holder so they can get a quick draw on Smokey  .  If you find something like that post a pic since I am curious if such a thing exists.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the diameter of the bottom of the container and what's the height of the container, nozzle and all?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, unfortunately I ordered it a few weeks ago and didn't order the one with a pouch. Might order another with one, won't hurt to have two canisters.  

Measurements:
Diameter of bottom: 2 inches
Height of just canister: 7 inches
Height front of Nozzle: 9 inches
Height rear of Nozzle(Highest point): 9 1/2 inches

I looked at these

https://www.amazon.com/PatiosGuard-Tactical-Systems-Adjustable-Outdoor/dp/B08DLV3JVW/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=2%2Binch%2Bdiameter%2Bpouch&qid=1606675718&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-27&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Lightweight-Bottle-Carrier-Coyote/dp/B013CRIC7A/ref=sr_1_75?dchild=1&keywords=2+inch+diameter+pouch&qid=1606676001&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-75
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine all fit in old style M16 mag pouches that don't have plastic sides or inserts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Example
Negative nancy here. Planning on using animal spray on humans is technically a crime. Its also very inconsistent as far as percentage of OC and strength etc.. Decide on a spray pattern or at least understand the limitations of each type, then get some sabre red, cts, als or foxlabs. Search for MK9 holster. There are a few styles, avoid the multistrap model as it tends to be too tight to easily remove the cannister. Then get some practice using it and being exposed to it. Just like a firearm, OC is not a magical talisman and you should be prepared for unfavorable outcomes if you use it.

Disclaimer: I am a certified als less lethal instructor but this is not legal or formal advice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input. I did not know it was illegal to use on humans.  I am guessing the stuff you mentioned would be more of a pepper spray?  Do they make pepper spray that will spread out like bear spray, i wanted this more for if SHF and if crowd of people were attacking. Never thought would be a fear, but after seeing what they did in MN a few months ago and knew people that had crowds marching in front of their houses and could have gotten ugly it is a concern.  Your smaller pepper spray canisters are more for aiming a specific person correct? which I would like to start carrying for EDC.  I am open to any more advise you can give.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought the pouch  that was right next to the spray at REI.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, it sounds like you're looking for a transferrable grenade launcher and CS canisters. If you're serious about "crowd control," that's really the only option, especially if you want to maintain standoff. OC (for example) is not pleasant whatsoever, but I've seen people get sprayed and go on fighting through it enough to bash someone's head in.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, it sounds like you're looking for a transferrable grenade launcher and CS canisters. If you're serious about "crowd control," that's really the only option, especially if you want to maintain standoff. OC (for example) is not pleasant whatsoever, but I've seen people get sprayed and go on fighting through it enough to bash someone's head in.
View Quote

I've sprayed several people. They ended up just standing still when it took effect. As soon as you grabbed them, they knew where you were and the fight was on.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've sprayed several people. They ended up just standing still when it took effect. As soon as you grabbed them, they knew where you were and the fight was on.
View Quote

Yeah, it works for a lot of normies, but if it's a real asshole who's dedicated to f'ing you up or someone who's all coked up, it won't stop them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, it works for a lot of normies, but if it's a real asshole who's dedicated to f'ing you up or someone who's all coked up, it won't stop them.
View Quote

And you get the added bonus of getting that shit all over you as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And you get the added bonus of getting that shit all over you as well.
View Quote

Let's not even go into how much it's affected by wind...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top