Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2020 6:58:08 PM EDT
Hey there.

I have some single com Comtacs that I use while hunting with my friends. My PTT has been having issues (I got it from Amazon) and after 3-4 hunts, I’m convinced I need a new one. It’s not marked Nexus.

I’m between the SRS version which has a really nice button and the disco32.

Does anyone have any experience with the two above? The Srs is 80 dollars more. Both appear to be amplified.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
From my experience, the disco32’s work really well
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Disco and one from the Scarlett dude on the 'bay.  I think he's a member here.  Both have been going strong for a while now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one of the $60 eBay one and it came with a little slip of paper telling me that if the connection isn't good to lightly file on the surface of the connector to seat it more deeply into the radio, which I did, and that seemed to help, but it's still not amazing.

I'm using it with comtac-1's but probably getting a set of dual-com tac 3's as I get more capability with the Bao's.  I'm probably going to buy a couple of the disco32 ones at that point as I've only heard great things about them.

It's kind of annoying though because I bought a $22 B-tech buff mic that has always worked great out of the box on all of my baofengs
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dj1975232:
I have a Disco and one from the Scarlett dude on the 'bay.  I think he's a member here.  Both have been going strong for a while now.
View Quote

I tried two of the scarlett ones and they did not work at all. Just interference, but the Disco worked well. I need to call SRS for a custom Yaesu, I know theirs are solid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a SRS Tactical. Should have it by next weekend when I go out. Will report.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Disco32 are legit
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two Disco 32 PTT's. They work great and they have pretty good service. I pulled the wire out of the plastic housing while crawling under a barbwire fence, and they repaired for free.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The disco PTT is amplified which is nice. I also have the 6pin to baofeng adapter which allows you to use the peltor PTT. If you don’t already have the peltor PTT(if it comes with your comtacs), I would HIGHLY suggest the disco PTT.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're spending that much on a push to talk button you should probably get a better quality radio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top