Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 8:42:13 PM EDT
Need a new slick armor carrier. I have been issued some sort of LBT one that was nice but they sure seems pricey and i haven't seen one that looks like it on their site yet. I just finished a tour with a TAG Havoc that was perfect with issued X-sapis, but blows dickhole with real sapi/e-sapis and smells like shit. Whats all out there? Needs to hold large balcs soft armor, some sort of elastic connection or bungee base on the cummerbund would be ideal so i can breath. Needs to hold Esapi plates, and be comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
SKD has a low profile paraclete carrier that seems to match your requirements, but I have no experience with it at all
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Beez appears to make several Balcs carriers that meet your requirements on paper.  http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/BALCS-Carriers_c6.htm  Others may have first hand experience with their gear and can speak to build quality, comfort, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
why would a carrier be perfect with x-sapi but suck with sapi/e-sapi?  aren't they the same size and shape?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why would a carrier be perfect with x-sapi but suck with sapi/e-sapi?  aren't they the same size and shape?
View Quote

The Xsapis are specific threat, lightweight slim plates from velocity.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SKD has a low profile paraclete carrier that seems to match your requirements, but I have no experience with it at all
View Quote

Hm. Thats hot. Blackfriday here I come
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Beez appears to make several Balcs carriers that meet your requirements on paper.  http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/BALCS-Carriers_c6.htm  Others may have first hand experience with their gear and can speak to build quality, comfort, etc.
View Quote

Huh, that LBVC is pretty intradesting
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ah ok.  i though you meant regular x-sapi spec plates.  i know that velocity and BAE make low profile versions that are about 1/2" thick

ETA: i dont think that the low profile plates are x-sapi threat level, are they?  i thought there were for rounds like M855, 7.62x39 API.  maybe that's what you meant by specific threat?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, it's like AK and M4 Ap ammo and below only. No PKM playtime allowed. It's on velocities website. Thought about buying some, but at 1k per plate I'll pass
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Crye & Velocity / Mayflower make some stuff that might fit the bill.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out BFG's PLATEMinus. It is low profile, but has MOLLE "webbing" in case you need it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Beez. It's great. Very well made. I really like it but I don't have a lot to compare it to. I don't have a lot of hands on experience with different tac gear other than holsters to tell the truth.

I forgot what model I have but its cumberless and has molle on front and back. I'll post a pic or something later if you want

ETA- my Beez(BCS) is not a BALCS. It's just a plate carrier with molle on the front/back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Crye & Velocity / Mayflower make some stuff that might fit the bill.
View Quote

the crye LV-RBAV looks sweet and costs like, $900
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Would the First Spear Sleeper be something that fits the bill? Cut for BALCS and can take ESAPI as well. Looks like it has some elastic stretchy in the back of the cummerbund as well.

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17514&cat=272&page=2
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Would the First Spear Sleeper be something that fits the bill? Cut for BALCS and can take ESAPI as well. Looks like it has some elastic stretchy in the back of the cummerbund as well.

View Quote

that looks pretty badass
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

that looks pretty badass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that looks pretty badass

I'll be honest. I love first spear stuff and have plenty, but 450 bucks for a fucking soft Carrier without molle is a non starter. That vest is almost identical to the tag carrier I paid 65 bucks for, and then added slim mag pouches to the inside of the cumberbund.

I can't see any benifit  of that one over the beeze.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a Beez BALCS carrier and it is great!  I mainly went with them because they were the only ones I could find that still did woodland camo.

As far as I am concerned the quality is top notch.  I actually sold a HSGI Wasatch PC to buy the Beez setup.  I am very happy with the setup!

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to go!

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Special-Pistol-Threat-SPT-plate-carriers_c36.htm
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a Beez BALCS carrier and it is great!  I mainly went with them because they were the only ones I could find that still did woodland camo.

As far as I am concerned the quality is top notch.  I actually sold a HSGI Wasatch PC to buy the Beez setup.  I am very happy with the setup!

View Quote

Did you get the one with mag pouches on the side? What is the long term elastic durability like? Will they fit a Motorola radio or a green PLB?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I got the slick carrier with no extra stuff.. Although I wish I had.  Elastic seems heavy duty and should last a long time.

I have a RACK I have rigged to use with it....   MOLLE webbing or a MOLLE cummerbund would have been good..

I can get pics for you if you like.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top