Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:25:52 PM EDT
This weekend I made some Kydex magazine pouch wedge inserts for some open top mag pouches to replace the bungee retention straps. I had a couple of 8"x12"x1/16" kydex sheets that I picked up for around $10, cut them into 2" strips and used a heat gun a 15mm deep well socket and some clamps to make them. The whole project was pretty easy and took about 30 minutes.

I cut the sheets into 2" strips, heated the center of the strips up with the heat gun and then formed and clamped them around the socket till they cooled off. Then I heated the upper portion to give them an outward bend. I cut them so that the bend at the top fits under the rim of the pocket and this holds them in place.

Finished product in an AR mag pouch

And and AK chest rig

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.

Does the kydex inserts stay in the mag pouch when you pull the mags out ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks good.

Does the kydex inserts stay in the mag pouch when you pull the mags out ?
View Quote
Yes, I cut the inserts so that the upper edges tuck under the rim of the upper stitching of the pouch, so far good retention.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
OP gave explicit info on how to counterfeit copyrighted/patented devices.  raf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top