Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 11:38:32 PM EDT
I am thinking trading in my current plate carrier for one of the "minimalist" types.

I went to a couple of classes, and my carrier has stayed in my closet since I've bought it, because I have found that I much prefer to run everything on my belt.

The only problem is, is that I still want something to carry my plates. I just don't want all the extra fabric retaining heat, constricting movement, etc etc etc when I don't even use it.

I figure with a minimalist design, It will hold the plates where I need them, and let me be as flexible, and cool as I need to be.

I am trying to decide between the GGG Minimalist, Blackhawk Low-Vis, and even the Max Pro Vector since It seems to be just what I need ...  I just can't find any reviews on the dang thing!

Being concealable would be nice, and both seem to be about the same size, the Blackhawk just being a bit smaller.

Does anyone have any experience with with these, or can anyone recommend one over the other? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT - I searched "minimalist" and "concealable" and came up nothing. If it's a dupe, please delete.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Patriot Performance

A little obscure yes, but i really like it.

With added sustainment pack

Slim
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I like my Velocity Systems LWPC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out our PIG BRIG or the First Spear Slick. Other than the S&S precision plate frame, they don't get more low pro that those

SOS
View Quote

+1K on the PIG BRIG. If you're looking for a lo-pro, minimilast PC then this is the one for you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The PIG Systema is a nice piece. Very minimalistic with many lightweight addons
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]
LBT 6094 Slick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Also Blue Force Gear Plate Minus. Like mine a lot, ultimate in minimalist plate carrier IMHO with JPC a close second. I use the Gear Sector kit and attach my  Mayflower chest rig as needed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in the same boat and currently trying to decide between the BFG Plateminus or the Crye Airlite EK01/EK02.  Leaning toward the Crye at 11 oz base weight that's hard to beat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also Blue Force Gear Plate Minus. Like mine a lot, ultimate in minimalist plate carrier IMHO with JPC a close second. I use the Gear Sector kit and attach my  Mayflower chest rig as needed.
View Quote

If I had to do it again, I'd still buy a BFG PLATEMinus. I love mine. Everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't. My Velocity Systems PBZ plates and backers fit flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out our PIG BRIG or the First Spear Slick. Other than the S&S precision plate frame, they don't get more low pro that those

SOS
View Quote

I just switched from a PIG to the First Spear First On for my work PC. I think a minimalist PC makes a lot of sense for an active shooter/higher threat for leo already wearing soft armor.

I still have my PIG for the zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had good luck with a TYR BPC.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love my Patriot Performance

A little obscure yes, but i really like it.

With added sustainment pack
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20141102_15_39_07_Pro_zpsb60a0599.jpg

Slim
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20140326_008_zpsf38fe772.jpg
View Quote

A co-worker of mine has that same set up and used it in Afghanistan. I fell in love with it. He introduced me to Chris P. several years later, and I've just flat out never asked him if he had a New Old Stock one laying about....but I think I will shoot him an email and....beg.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a crye airlite. It's the lightest thing I've found.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

PIG BRIG or PIG PC??

SOS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS

I just switched from a PIG to the First Spear First On for my work PC. I think a minimalist PC makes a lot of sense for an active shooter/higher threat for leo already wearing soft armor.

I still have my PIG for the zombie apocalypse.

PIG BRIG or PIG PC??

SOS

PIG PC.  Still the most comfortable (by itself) PC that I have used but too bulky when thrown over a uniform.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
PIG PC.  Still the most comfortable (by itself) PC that I have used but too bulky when thrown over a uniform.
View Quote

So......If your Naked under the PIG PC your good? but over a uniform its too bulky...right?

sorry couldn't resist.....

cp
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LBT 6094 Slick.
View Quote

Planning on picking one of these up the next time LBT has sale.

Going to run a chest rig over it when I need extra mags and kit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LBT 6094 Slick.

This is why I love mine...

Will eventually pick up a full 6094 when I find a good deal on a ranger green one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1K on the PIG BRIG. If you're looking for a lo-pro, minimilast PC then this is the one for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SOS

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
SKD is running some pretty sweet deals this week 15% PCs changes everyday...Wednesday is looking good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Crye JPC
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So......If your Naked under the PIG PC your good? but over a uniform its too bulky...right?

cp
View All Quotes
Quoted:

cp

LOL yeah my armor makes me look fat .

In all seriousness I was talking about the soft armor....I have IIIA inserts in my PIG for training/range/whatever days, so plates on top of 2 layers of IIIA armor is overkill.  So at work I wear issued soft/conceable armor with department plates in the First Spear minimalist PC and keep my PIG at the house.  This also let me have a black PC for work and a camo one for my own uses.  Got to keep the bossess happy.

Rob

ETA:  and yes, the SKD PIG is comfortable enough to fight naked in if I had too.  No pics so don't even ask
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top