Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2013 6:50:52 AM EDT
I think I have settled on the Fastmags for my pistol mags but what is better one vs other on the rifle mags?

I have heard great thing about ESSTAC and HSGI.

Taco or KYWI???

Why?

Probably going to use an Emdom MM CM Belt and an HSGI Padded Belt with a Safariland SLS Offset for a Glock 23 or Sig P228 in Coyote because its what I have.  

Plus it should be noted I am left eye dominant on a long gun and will need to set up the belt for a right hand draw on the sidearm and a left hand usage on the carbine.  not sure if that should affect my decisions.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I like KYWIs, but they start out really tight.  Unless your belt fits really tight, you can't get mags out of the pouches without yanking yer belt around, too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
short kywis are sex for STANAG mags.

If you have multiple platforms, the TACO is the ruler of the roost
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

why not Non STANAG?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I like and use fastmags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my Tacos. Yeah they are pricey, but the multiple platform capability turned me on back when I had AKs and ARs. It's good to know they'll work if I ever get some other rifle platform.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I switched to kywi's from taco's. YMMV, but I think the kywi's retain the mags better. I did like the multi platform use of the taco's, but that's a compromise I'm willing to deal with. I also hated mounting those fuckers!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the HSGI Tacos because not only do they hold my AR15 mags very well, but I can use them with my AK mags and even my M14 mags.
I've sold my fast mags and replaced them with Tacos.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I switched to kywi's from taco's. YMMV, but I think the kywi's retain the mags better. I did like the multi platform use of the taco's, but that's a compromise I'm willing to deal with. I also hated mounting those fuckers!
View Quote

Yep, mounting the damn things is the worst part about them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

why not Non STANAG?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why not Non STANAG?

They dont fit anything but AR style mags.

Well, unless you get the 7.62 versions.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the Blueforce Ten Speed pouches for a belt.  They weigh nothing, hold mags just fine, unless you're bunjee jumping headfirst, and lay flat when empty.

The only downside is that you would be a little slow trying to stuff a mag back in one-handed, but that's what dump pouches and the ground are for.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#11]
HSGI Taco for me.  Plenty of retention and versitility is great.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like the Blueforce Ten Speed pouches for a belt.  They weigh nothing, hold mags just fine, unless you're bunjee jumping headfirst, and lay flat when empty.

The only downside is that you would be a little slow trying to stuff a mag back in one-handed, but that's what dump pouches and the ground are for.

http://store.a51tactical.com/images/[email protected]
View Quote

Hadnt even considered BFG...

Hmmm now I really have some thinking to do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
If you only use AR mags, the fastmags are great. Good retention, but smooth draw. Easy to insert mags one handed. Get the MOLLE version, not the belt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://store.a51tactical.com/images/[email protected]

While you are thinking...

I ditched my BFG shingle after one hard day.  The elastic had holes in all three mag sleeves and wear was evident along the edges of the mags.

They are great for light weight and especially concealed, but not robust enough for anything harder than that.

I really like the Esstac, but have not tried Fastmags yet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While you are thinking...

I ditched my BFG shingle after one hard day.  The elastic had holes in all three mag sleeves and wear was evident along the edges of the mags.

They are great for light weight and especially concealed, but not robust enough for anything harder than that.

I really like the Esstac, but have not tried Fastmags yet.
View Quote

I can't completely disagree with that, I've got a little picking in a couple pouches, but I use my triple pouch for 2/3gun with aluminum mags and it's held up fine for over a year other than that.

Their pistol pouches sure are tight with a doublestack .45 mag though, and they're a bit short for full-size gun mags, so I went with something else for pistol mags.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Esstac Kywi shorties here.  LOVE them on a belt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#17]
KYWI's start out SUPER tight but they loosen up a little over time. I still prefer TACO's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top