Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:55:51 PM EDT
Are they gtg? What was the customer service like?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the lock?

( They are not well liked around here)

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My experience was horrible.  Didn't respond to multiple attempts to contact after order that showed all in stock didn't deliver in more than a month.  Finally got a hold of someone and was told that they didn't know if they could cancel my order ( I'd ordered with another vendor by then ). Told them they'd better cancel and ended call.  Next call was to my CC to deny any charges from them.  But, as always, YMMV.

- NW -
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of horror stories.  That said, the M&P mags I ordered arrived in good condition (although a bit slow on shipping), and the price was great.  No need to test their customer support.  You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=botac+sucks+site%3Aar15.com
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've ordered from them a few times. Maybe I'm just lucky (would be a first ), but I've never had a problem with them. Their site's search feature blows, but other than that, I'd shop there again.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems half the time I order from them, something gets wacky. I have yet to not receive an item that I paid for, however as others have said, cancelled orders and lack of communication are the most aggravating aspects of dealing with Botach.

Lately I have been buying things they list on eBay, with no problems (knock on wood)...
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:51:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've ordered from them a few times. Maybe I'm just lucky (would be a first ), but I've never had a problem with them. Their site's search feature blows, but other than that, I'd shop there again.

Same here. I have ordered from them about 10 times and have not had a single issue. I have heard the stories and know people who have had issues, but I have been fortunate.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I've gambled three times...once I got my stuff very quickly with no problems...once I got my stuff but it took 6 weeks...the last time I got half my stuff correct and the other items weren't even close.  That being said, they did take the entire order back and credit me so it wasn't all bad.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Call, email, or use their live chat to confirm that your items are ACTUALLY IN STOCK.

If they are, they will ship and your shopping experience will likely be a good one. I've had a few good buys from them.

BUT

For whatever reason they constantly show things as "In Stock" when they are not, and then they just let your order sit in Limbo. They don't bother contacting you to let you know that your items were not actually in stock, or how long any sort of back order is estimated to take.

Has happened to me twice now. It will not happen a third time.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I'll cut your ass.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
some times stuff is in stock, other times it isn't you take your chances.
If it is in stock, it comes in fast.
If not, you will be left hanging.

I take my chances with them every now and then if the price is right.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I am lucky too. I have ordered from them half a dozen or more times and no problems at all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#12]
+1. I have never had a problem with them either. I just ordered some Magpul BUPS and some rail covers. They notified me within a day the rail covers were backordered and they didn't have an arrival date. They cancelled that portion of the order at my request and refunded my card within a day.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess I am lucky too. I have ordered from them half a dozen or more times and no problems at all.

Same here after many orders. Of course, since I have read many of the horror stories some people had when dealing with them, I usually don't purchase any high dollar items from them.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Three separate mag orders, all in stock, all shipped USPS and received with no drama.  Haven't bought anything big yet.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here after many orders. Of course, since I have read many of the horror stories some people had when dealing with them, I usually don't purchase any high dollar items from them.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I have ordered a few things from them.  Called them, asking if they were in stock, they replied yes that the items were in stock.  Took two weeks to arrive. Order from them and call to make sure it is IN STOCK.  Be prepared to wait for them to ship.  Honestly I stay away from them as much as possible. I'd rather pay more and get the product in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have ordered a few things from them.  Called them, asking if they were in stock, they replied yes that the items were in stock.  Took two weeks to arrive. Order from them and call to make sure it is IN STOCK.  Be prepared to wait for them to ship.  Honestly I stay away from them as much as possible. I'd rather pay more and get the product in a timely fashion.

You have to admit their prices are some the lowest on the internet. I agree with your assertion, if you value speed over low price, Botach should probably be avoided.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to admit their prices are some the lowest on the internet. I agree with your assertion, if you value speed over low price, Botach should probably be avoided.

absolutely the prices are great.. The waiting for the product is the bad thing.  I have HEARD horror stories of wrong product and or back order delays.. But my experience has just been the horribly slow shipping.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from Botach in the past few years.  The only problem was when I ordered two M&P magazines but only received one.  I sent them an email, and didn't hear back, but a couple of days later I got an email that a magazine had been shipped.

I wish they would have emailed me to let me know that they would be shipping another magazine, but the important thing is that they did make it right without a fuss.

BTW, they are VERY touchy when you use a wrong or invalid coupon code.  If you do so, they will cancel your order and not always tell you they've canceled your order.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Horrible experience a few years back,... like out a few hundred dollars horrible.

WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm on their email alert list.  Just got in a nice headlamp for $18, and it showed up so fast you'd almost think it was in the mail before I ordered it.

Thus far, I think I'm about 9 for 10.  The 10th was a holster that showed as in stock but wasn't.  I waited a couple of days, emailed them, got a prompt reply that the holster was out of stock with no known replacement date and an offer to cancel and refund my money.  Money was back chop-chop and I ordered the holster elsewhere.

Oh, and also, some of their daily deals go so fast that if you wait longer than ten or twenty minutes after you get the email, they'll already be out of whatever it is they just sent you the sale flyer on

Given the track record of many of the online dealers I've dealt with, I've got no issues whatever with ordering from Botach.  The prices and free shipping more than make up for the rare hiccup.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Thread titled "Botch Tactical", enough said...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered several times from them, never had an issue.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
One of my favorite online vendors, no issues with over a dozen orders over nearly a decade.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I've never had a problem with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top