Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 4:09:46 AM EDT
Sorry to bother you guys again but I am looking for a decent pair of tactical gloves to be worn fro active shooters, forcible entry, various tactical operations, etc. I am currently wearing a pair of regular Mechanix gloves but want something with a little more protection. I have an account at usstandardissue.com so I can the Oakley SI Assault Gloves at a great price. Are these decent gloves or are there others out there that are better. i would like to stay below $50 as they will not been worn much. I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't have a FR requirement, I like the Oakley gloves.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the PIG gloves. Form fitting and quick to put on. Dexterity is great for grabbing and feeling (can't use a touch screen though).
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the new hardened knuckle Mechanix gloves.  Very tough.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I was issued a pair of the Oakleys and use them for riding my 4wheeler,they work great for that. As for entries, I use standard nomex flight gloves with the right thumb and pointer finger cut off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Standard aviator gloves here
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone tried the level I bullet/frag resistant gloves from tacarm? They are a bit pricey for gloves, but they look kind of interesting being bullet, frag, and presumably flame resistant. However if they are like some gloves and fall apart I'm not sure if they'd be worth it. I'm using some USMC spec Camelbak NT FR gloves right now, and they are working out okay despite being a bit to large. Not enough knuckle protection though if you are going to be getting "hand on" with folks though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a huge fan of Outdoor Research.  Check them out.  Lots of different styles.

Edit to add link.

http://military.outdoorresearch.com/gov/
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 and they give a big discount to LE/MIL

Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of Outdoor Research.  Check them out.  Lots of different styles.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top