Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2011 7:38:01 AM EDT
I am trying to select a Pack for multi-purpose use, inclusing military travels/deployment, backpacking, and bugout bag.  I want something heavy duty enough to be durable for long term moderate use, as well as something compatible with additonal Molle pouches.  I have Narrowed down my search to the following options, but know I may have overlooked something worthwhile, so am still open other suggestions:

Eberlestock F4 Terminator    83 Liters, 9 lbs 8 oz, $399 MSRP

Eberlestock V69 Destroyer  60 Liters, 7 lbs 2 oz, $342 MSRP

Tactical Tailor Extended Range Operator   51 Liters, 6 lbs 8 oz, $372 MSRP

I also HAD the Kifaru Navigator on the list, but it was recently DQ'ed due to price.

(can someone edit this post to add a poll?  I dont know how!)
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
1) Weight––approximate load to be hauled? Any particular piece of gear of abnormal size/bulk?; I dont know the weight offhand, but see #2
2) Cargo––are you looking to carry 1-2 days worth of gear or is this for 5-7 day loadout?; 5-7 day loadout, but for someone who has traveled and backpacked enough to know how to pack light
3) Does it need to fit "carry on" commercial airline dimensions or is pack size irrevelant?;  Pack size is irrelevant, but I dont want something that doubles my height.
4) Color/camo preference––are you needing a particular pattern or do you have a solid color that will work;? I dont NEED any particular pattern, but would probably lean toward green, or multicam

I have a smaller Granite Gear Pack I used, and it is nice enough, but at twice the price of the other options, I dont know if it worth the extra coin to invest in the larger Granite Gear for what I would gain in return.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought most of my Kifaru packs used and got them for far less than retail.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Eberlstock packs are pretty heavy for backpacking.  That being said, I have used them for week long hikes and they were not a weak link, plus you are mil so probably used to rucking with a lot of weight.  One thing I wanted to mention is that a bugout back should probably stay packed.  I can see using it as a backpacking pack also but I would get something else for travel and deployments.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top