Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 12:59:31 PM EDT
I'm not sure if I have posted this in the right forum but here it goes anyway. I'm looking for a bag that I can throw over my shoulder and access with my weak side hand. I'd like to be able to store 10-15 magazines. Pouches where I could store light(s), batteries, knive(s), maps is essential. I'd like to keep it under $100. Any direction is appreciated. I understand I could just use a back pack, that is an idea that I have entertained. But I really would like something I could have slung over my shoulder where I could have my gun mounted to my right shoulder and use my left hand to access spare magazines for reloads.

Thanks,

Duncan Lippert
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try something from Maxpedition....

http://www.maxpedition.com/?gclid=CM79uIOSxagCFcTd4AodKEeIrw

They may not fit your price range though.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Your really looking for more of an active shooter type bag as most people that have a get home bag or bug out bag will use a backpack as they'll be carrying enough stuff to be out for 24 to 72 hours. For what you want, I agree with JIP and Maxpidition would be a good place to look.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Talking about Maxpedition bags, I would recommend the Maxpedition Monsoon. It can easily be accessed via your support side with a simple move of it off of your back. Most of the active shooters like a Maxpedition Fatboy won't support 10-15 mags to begin with but if they do, carrying it won't be easy. This is the best single shoulder bag I have seen that allows you to carry any sort of significant weight. .

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Look no further. And it's also made right here in the US.. not overseas like Maxpedition.

10 to 15 mags though.. is a little heavy and would be unwieldy in a shoulder bag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Look no further. And it's also made right here in the US.. not overseas like Maxpedition.

10 to 15 mags though.. is a little heavy and would be unwieldy in a shoulder bag.
Agreed.

I find the shoulder bags on the market today get uncomfy right at around 9lbs. Anything over 12 lbs is downright uncomfortable to carry for any amount of time. YMMV

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 5.11 Tactical Active Shooter Bailout Bag....you can find it at lapolicegear or just google it to find other retailers....I will say that I got mine when they cost $35...looking at them now $59.99 seems to be the norm.....kind of a drastic price hike....on a positive not, it is really a nice piece of kit...I keep mine loaded up with mags, a knife, a multitool, firestarter, flashlight, etc, but you could easily put more mags or whatever else you wanted in the main compartment...I recommend getting the Deep Flat Earth color over the black...good luck and let us know what you decide to get!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I knew there would be some weight, but I didn't think about the discomfort part. I can carry a backpack as well to haul the bulk of my ammunition and spare mags. Just as long as I can get five to eight magazines, I would be good to go. As my budget allows, I'm just trying to aquire more and more items that would benefit me in a SHTF scenario. I started with my rifle, optic, light, mags and sling. Then ammunition and now I'm looking for something to haul this stuff in. I don't want to spend money on a chest rig. If anything, I'll have a first line belt.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The nice thing about the Hawkepaks bag is it'll carry 6 rifle mags and 3 pistol mags easily.. with lots of room for other essentials.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Bulldog Equipments Bail Out Bag is sweet but I am pretty sure it is past the $100 mark.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I know , the price is a bit over 100 but this is the grab n go bag I am looking at getting.
http://www.skdtac.com/S_O_Tech_Go_Bag_Extended_p/sot.506.htm
You can have an AR 15 rifle broken down to fit with plenty of room for mags !!! Plus you can add things with the Molle/pals webbing.

* A main compartment with double linked zippers (dimensions: 23" x 6" x 6")
   * Internal hydration reservoir slot (canteen not included)
   * 4 zippered flat side pockets for small items or documents
   * 2 larger zippered external pockets
   * MOLLE/PALS attachment webbing on both sides
   * Padded contour single shoulder strap with quick-ditch side locking buckle
   * Shoulder attachment points and carrying handles on each end
   * Made in the U.S. out of military grade cordura cloth down to the webbing and fasteners to specifications of U.S. Special Forces
Here is a pic of one loaded out with various stuff, what you want in it is up to you.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Also check out the CountyComm Sat Com bag XL.  I have one for my climbing gear and it is great, also well under $100.

CountyComm

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well I knew there would be some weight, but I didn't think about the discomfort part. I can carry a backpack as well to haul the bulk of my ammunition and spare mags. Just as long as I can get five to eight magazines, I would be good to go. As my budget allows, I'm just trying to aquire more and more items that would benefit me in a SHTF scenario. I started with my rifle, optic, light, mags and sling. Then ammunition and now I'm looking for something to haul this stuff in. I don't want to spend money on a chest rig. If anything, I'll have a first line belt.

Natchez is selling Eagle gear at cutthroat prices. I believe you can get the AIII pack well below $100. That would be your best bet IMO.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentId=productSearch&searchItem=eagle&outOfStock=0&orderBy=&startRow=1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top