Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 12:16:19 PM EDT
Been accumulating some gear lately because after all I am a gear whore I recently received some of the elusive Outdoor Research waterproof compression bags in Coyote Brown from their secret club and come to find out that they are not U.S. made but chinese made. could of sworn that all the info I read about them was that they are for the Military and were supposed to be made in America. Oh well I guess. Today I just took delivery of several Eagle rifle cases, 4 as a matter of fact, and all but one are foreign made. I know with both these companies the quality will still be there but it kinda bothers me when I can't have my made in the USA label.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Blew a Marines mind today when he came in for one of our belt systems and needed to replace some buckles on his new SnugPak fanny pack, as they had already broke.

I looked at the buckles and told him they were Chinese buckles, then i poured out the contents and showed him the "Made in China" tag..

Got his shit fixed up, and sent him on his way with a bunch of TACO's, SGPB, and other goodies..

CXS
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I really don't get why people get their titties in a twist over foreign made gear.  Yes, some of it is not so good.  I'm sure you could find actual American Made stuff that isn't so good.

And I know I've received some items issued by supply that were made in China or Vietnam, or some place foreign.  It is what it is.  If the quality is there, it shouldn't matter where it came from.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I really don't get why people get their titties in a twist over foreign made gear.  Yes, some of it is not so good.  I'm sure you could find actual American Made stuff that isn't so good.

And I know I've received some items issued by supply that were made in China or Vietnam, or some place foreign.  It is what it is.  If the quality is there, it shouldn't matter where it came from.

To each his own, I prefer something made by my countrymen, it matters to me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Crap
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Knuckle up and start building it yourself if you truly hanker for US made
otherwise what you see is a product of always going after the lowest hanging fruit.

Spoonjob, what brand was it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:46:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Snugpak response pack..

I wasn't surprised it was "Imported"..

The customer was..

Neat little pouch for E&E..

CXS
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
What brand was the buckle dork!  :)

Fwiw  I picked up a really slick pertex "softy" type at the last Golite sale and it still had
a "prototype" tag on it from the fartsack company which made it in Taiwan

The degree of construction was such that I couldnt tell it from an equivalent bag constructed in the US
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The buckle was pinkish tan, no logo.

I should have snapped pics..

I'll get a pic next time I'm in Extreme Outfitters..

The pouch is an awesome little design. Well except for the small ass zipper opening..

CXS
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The "Army of One" pen I used to sign my contract to join the army had made in china stamped on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't mind quality foreign gear... I do despise and avoid anything "Hecho en Chine". They are our enemy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
You don't want foreign made gear?  Then blame your fellow Americans.    All of our corporations are selling out and going overseas to save money on slave labor.   There is very little US made gear these days.  I bought all Velocity Systems and Mayflower gear because they are 100% made in the US and I got to see their factory as proof.  

Everyone wants to save money and make more profits, so until we as a country get patriotic, we will keep sending our manufacturing and investments overseas.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You don't want foreign made gear?  Then blame your fellow Americans.    All of our corporations are selling out and going overseas to save money on slave labor.   There is very little US made gear these days.  I bought all Velocity Systems and Mayflower gear because they are 100% made in the US and I got to see their factory as proof.  

Everyone wants to save money and make more profits, so until we as a country get patriotic, we will keep sending our manufacturing and investments overseas.

That's a businesses job...to make money (profit).  Capitalism IS patriotic.  If some decide they're willing to forgo profit in lieu of Good Will, that's as good a reason for their business model as a company wishing to maximize income.

If you want to get mad at companies who outsource production to off-shore facilities, look to Washington, because that's where the decisions to off shore come from...tax policy and union demands, which have been enshrined by tax policy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't blame the corporations. Blame the government that sucks them so dry that they have to send labor overseas to make a profit. American companies are punished for being successful; until that stops being the case, expect to see plenty of "made in China" tags on merch...
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't blame the corporations. Blame the government that sucks them so dry that they have to send labor overseas to make a profit. American companies are punished for being successful; until that stops being the case, expect to see plenty of "made in China" tags on merch...

Let's look at this from a slightly different angle. For example, companies in Germany, France and other European countries still manufacture a lot in their home countries. Y'all know that they have far stronger unions, taxation is supporting way more people on welfare (in %) yet their economies are quite strong. Germany is kicking butt right now and they had to deal with absorbing East Germany and flood of refugees from Balkan wars. At the same time, their CEOs are making only 20-30 times the average employee salary, not like US CEO's 200-300 times! I think I'll keep blaming the corporations. And if you think that capitalism and corporations are patriotic while they taking their business out of US... wow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top