Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2009 10:36:28 AM EDT
I have been using one of the old style Blade-Tech belt holster for about 4 years now. I am an LEO and in a plain clothes assignment, so I wear it everyday. I like this holster alot to say the least. This morning when getting dressed I noticed the one of the belt loops were broken.  

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/alw357/Picture224.jpg

I called them and they are going to send me a replacement (which is awesome), but it is going to be the new style belt holster. Anyone have any experience with this holster? It looks like to me that with the new style belt attachement that it will stick out away from the body more.

Thanks,

Alan
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the older sytle like you have much better
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It does stick out. Most people hate it and BladeTech knows it. They use Tek-Lok mainly because it saves a few cents per holster and a few minutes to make each holster. In the long run, it saves them a lot of time and money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
That is exactly where mine broke, about the same age as yours.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the newer ones as much as the old ones, but I guess I'm in a minority.

Maybe you can look toward swapping your new one for somebody who's got an older model?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Man im sorry to hear your blade-tech broke. You may want to think about replacing it with a belt or paddle setup from comp-tac. I would say Fobus but injection molding is a no go.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you fabricate a repair yourself out of kydex?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Not familar with that particular one, but most kydex holster are made as a one piece design. So he would have to fabricate an entire holster. However, I'm sure you could possibly repair it in some way or another. These holsters are probably more what you're used to Talon Tactical
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the same holster for my 1911, I love it. I'm kinda upset they don't make them any more... mine has seen some hard use(it's half smooth on the outside now).
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Comp-Tac's belt holster is a very similar design to the old Blade-Techs, and Comp-Tac's kydex is less brittle IMO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
im personally not a big fan of blade-tech. i think that for the money, there is better out there.

i have comp-tac IWB and I have loved it from the moment i put t on. a little more money, but its nothing for a piece of gear that you have to trust your life with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top