Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2006 11:47:10 AM EDT
I was looking for a good Multicam LB setup.  Anyone had experience with some of Ice Tactical's gear?

Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of thier battle belts and I can tell you it's a 1st rate piece of kit!
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hobey is a good guy, and most of his kit is GTG.

But, there have been issues lately regarding timely product delivery and some QC issues.

In his defense, he let me keep a product that I was less than happy with - for personal resale- , and sent me a replacement.
I split the resale of the original with him out of thanks.

I know that he will make the effort to make things right.

I would advise trying to get a correspondence going with him before sending money, to establish your expectations. If you can get ahold of him.

There is a thread over on Lightfighter about this subject.

I, too, like my ver 1.0 Battle Belt.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]

There is a thread over on Lightfighter about this subject.

+1, read that over before you send any money. It changed my mind about ordering.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my $.02
It's good stuff and he did alright by me. But I waited well over 3 months. When it comes to custom gear manufactured by 1 man outfits you need to know that up front. Order it and forget it. Some guys wait months, some wait years while a guys doing a year in the box. If you want the stuff bad enough you'll wait..

if you not the patient type, there are plenty other places to shop. Just know what your getting.

Even after reading the threads about Hobey, If he had something I REALLY wanted, I would still order from him, forget about it and maybe check up on him in a few months.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]
ICE is good to go.

If you are Mil and deploying, call them up and tell them.  Your gear will ship ASAP.

Sheep
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
ICE has some great gear their ICE Hard-Shell Jacket is top notch.  I have heard that some folks have had to wait a period of months (haven't heard years) for their products.  Good stuff though and worth the wait as it is hard to find anything comparable to some of his items in the same price range.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I am pushing a year....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top