Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:41:31 AM EDT
I dont own any Molle gear.  I was looking at Blackwater gear universal holster for my Glock 22 with light.  

The holster has Molle attachments, and Im not sure how the Molle system works.  Can I use this holster on a Pistol belt or do I have to clip it onto a Molle vest?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, I guess no one knows.

Will any of the Molle stuff attach to a Pistol belt?  Like Mag pouches?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but in my experience it doesn't work very well.

It might work better with Malice clips, I've only tried the standard Pals attachments with the snap.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend a dedicated tactical holster (Non-MOLLE type). Get a Safariland 6004 or a Blackhawk Serpa tactical holster. I used to not use thigh holsters, but, if you use a vest/body armor, a thigh holster is the way to go.

Not a sermon, just something to think about....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this holster and I can't say I'm completely satisfied with the design. The holster size adjustment is a bit complicated but not that bad. The way you attach the holster to anything is interesting to say the least. There are two straps that come down the back ofthe holster (the side that faces your body) and there are slots on the back for you to tuck the straps back up and under the back of the holster. From the fitting I've done it feels pretty secure but I still don't completely trust it.

I agree that you should get a dedicated holster for your model pistol. I'm partial to the SERPA holster. You can find MOLLE adapters for most holster on the market now anyway.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I really want to leave the light on the gun( While its in the holster).

I just cant find a dedicated dropleg holster that will take a Glock with the Glock light.  The nylon holsters that will take a pistol and light just dont look cool.  They all have a big saggy pocket in the rear and they dont look like they secure the gun very well.

Blade-tech and Safariland are the only ones that look decent.  Im just having a hard time shelling out $150 bucks for a hoster.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry an H&K P2000 on duty and have a safariland belt holster for it.

this is just for me to screw around with and maybe get into some 3 gun matches on a very amatuer level.  It would also be nice to have when the Chinese attack.

$150 is alot to pay for a holster that will be in my basement 99% of the time.  I saw the blackwater hoster for $45 and thought I could deal with that, but I guess i should go ahead and spend the money and get what I want.

I actually prefer a belt hoster and Ive been hoping that Uncle Mikes would come out with there Kydex that would take the tac lights for around $30.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
In that case I will add that one of the better points of the holster is that for a nylon/cordura type holster, it is very rigid. It has an internal reinforcement and holds it shape with no problem. Holstering and re-holstering is not an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top