Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:55:21 PM EDT
blackhawk strike gen 4 molle system soft panel/hard plate carrier.  it must be new only a few places even list it.  and with no pics yet.  anyone seen pics and got a link?  ive seen it for $120.  i need a new panel carrier, so figured this would be good.  i dont think the eagle will fit my panels, and the tt will not hold plates yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
got a link to it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard that the Eagle will only fit LE panels, not the ones with side flaps.  TT will hold both from what I have heard from people.   I didn't realize Blackhawk made one, too bad there aren't any pictures.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
heres the blackhawk link, no pics or description.
www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4959&d=

heres the cheapest price, again no description or pics.
www.gearzoneproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=429
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered one. Showed in stock. I'll post a pic when it comes in.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just ordered one. Showed in stock. I'll post a pic when it comes in.

Full-Auto

thanks.  i have p.a.c.a. panels, hope theyll fit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag.  I've been looking at the Eagle LE version of the CIRAS.  Was going to order one today but they told me 8 to 10 weeks until they're available and they are very expensive.  This might be a better option for me as I will be using PACA panels also.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
You'd think if they hoped to sell any of these things, they'd at least post a photo.

Something like this would be perfect for my bail-out kit.  I still have a level II vest whose panels would fit in there (just got issued a new and lighter one), and I had been thinking about getting some PALS webbing sewn on the outside of the carrier, but this would be cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Full-Auto

Make sure to post pics, if this is what they claim it to get I really will need to get one.

I really wish that Eagle or TT was more affordable, $500 is too much to pay for a carrier,  I hate buying foreign, but that is just too expensive.  I don't t think LE makes all that much and I know the military doesn't pay shit.  Eagle and TT have great products but I am far too poor to be able to afford them
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
OK the Big Brown truck arrived. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. The carrier is basically a side closing soft armor/plate carrier with molle webbing covering the front and back. The sides close with double inch and a half Kydex buckles on each side. The front and rear soft armor compartment each has an internal pouch that fits my issue triple curve level IV plate. The inner part of both sides are lined with the Blackhawk IVS Intercooling foam material. The downside is I looked through a huge box of soft armor our department has and only one set of US Armor 38 regular vest panel(s) would fit into the soft armor compartments. I found other 38 regular panels, but the panels must be relatively equal on the side coverage ( not longer on the front or rear as many manufactures make the panels. Wraparound LE and military panels don't look like they will fit.  The quality is pretty good, typical of the STRIKE line. Gotta run for now, but here are the pics;

Front

Rear

Plate Carrier Compartment  

Compared to 38 Regular US Armor vest panel  

Full-Auto

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Boy, I hate to say it, but that looks awfully similar to this:

The cheap-o above made in China will also accept soft armor in addition to plates.  My buddy talked me into this purchase, but I can't complain for $60.00.  I was actually impressed with this carrier.  Internal cumber bun, plate pockets, foam inserts that can be replaced with soft armor, two mag holders under each arm, drag handle,and a pocket in back that I'm assuming is for a hydro?. I hope no one takes offense, but why is it OK for Blackhawk to make their stuff in Viet Nam, but anything coming out of China is considered junk?  This may not be a Ciras, but I knew that when I bought it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Boy, I hate to say it, but that looks awfully similar to this:

Where did you get that?  Looks for a try

I hope no one takes offense, but why is it OK for Blackhawk to make their stuff in Viet Nam

My guess (for what its worth) maybe respect for the Vietnamese (not my war)

China on the other hand, jobs are constantly outsourced to there, they threaten our economy, their military becomes a greater and greater threat to us everyday (especially with a 10 million man, very organized and trained militia), and their government in general is very hostile towards us
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Well crap...I don't think that will hold my level III Paca panels.  I'm not sure if the new Eagle LE CIRAS will either.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well crap...I don't think that will hold my level III Paca panels.  I'm not sure if the new Eagle LE CIRAS will either.  

CIRAS uses BALCS cut soft panels.  Yours may work, but your panels may shift around in the carrier.

BALCS for Sale Thread
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
i ordered the blackhawk carrier, hope it fits.  if not im thinkin tactical tailor is the only option.  i got the od, so ill post pics when i get it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Great pics, I'm thinking about getting one.  I might have to throw my vest in the trunk the next time I'm close to Quantico Arms and see if it will fit before I drop the change on it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the pics,  I was wondering though, what size Plates does it accept? the pouch looks small, but that may just be in comparision
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Does this BHI carrier come in different sizes?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I have heard alot of people say stay away from cheaper than dirt stuff like this, but it sure looks nice and a hell of alot cheaper than Eagle or Blackhawk and tt. Its not like im going over to the sand box and using it day in and day out. I would only use one for training and those rare situations that I would get called in off work. I think ill try and  if I dont like it Ill get the other stuff. Thanks for letting us know about this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I like the pics,  I was wondering though, what size Plates does it accept? the pouch looks small, but that may just be in comparision

The interior of the plate carrier compartments measure 9" x 11 1/2"

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The plate pocket sounds small, 10x12 is sort of the standard size for plates.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It does sound small; I wonder if that's the measurement of the panel/sling portion, which appears to be connected to the carrier body with elastic which should accomodate different plate sizes.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does sound small; I wonder if that's the measurement of the panel/sling portion, which appears to be connected to the carrier body with elastic which should accomodate different plate sizes.  

You are right. Just checked it and the sides are elastic. It holds the 10x12 triple curve plate.

Full-Auto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top