Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:43:20 AM EDT
Can you buy a Safariland 6004 holster without the drop panel?  If so, where?

I'm going to put it in an HSGI Universal and I don't want to buy stuff I don't need.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen the 6004 without a drop leg shroud.  Safariland does make duty belt holsters that attach directly to your belt, but they are not the 6004 pattern.  Unfortunately, I think the only option is to buy a full holster.  Check the EE for full holsters that are slightly used or new for less than retail
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you been to their site?
www.safariland.com

Plenty of offerings.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you been to their site?
www.safariland.com

Plenty of offerings.

Yes, I have been to their site...Several times.  

However, they do not offer the holster seperate from the drop leg plate and straps on the site.  Well, that I've seen anyway.  Click here to see for yourself..

All other vendors seem to sell both the holster and the leg panel together as well.  As I'm going to be using the HSG rig instead, I thought it'd be nice to simply order only the holster and save myself some bucks...But apparently there's no provision to replace only the holster should it get damaged.  

Oh well.  If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.  And thanks for the EE suggestion clasky.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The model with the hood similar to the 6004 is the 6280 I believe (off the top of my head).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
justice23 is right. I use a 6004 for SWAT but use a 6280 on my duty belt. It is the exact same holster just a different method for how it attaches to belt or rig. The 6004 is designed for a thigh scabbard only. The 6280 is a belt holster. Same physical holster just different attachment methods. How do you plan attaching the Safariland holster to your HSGI Universal?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
justice23 is right. I use a 6004 for SWAT but use a 6280 on my duty belt. It is the exact same holster just a different method for how it attaches to belt or rig.

Hey, thanks guys, that's great info!

Quoted:
How do you plan attaching the Safariland holster to your HSGI Universal?

It's a pretty nifty piece of gear, check it out here.

The holster is designed to allow you to make your own holes and bolt the holster on.  You can do it yourself or HSG will do it for you for free.  Note the PALS webbing on the front side for a couple pouches.  I'm not a fan of mags on the strong side, but hey, spares are good.  Besides, you could put a light and a multi-tool there or something instead.

Here's a picture of it in practice with a SOC rig that I found with Google:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I need one in ACU pattern for a M9, left handed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I need one in ACU pattern for a M9, left handed.

The holster is no problem.  The HSG Universal will take whatever holster you put in there, so decide which you want and buy it.  The Universal is already made in ACU too, so you wont have to custom order one.  Make your order, send them your holster, and they'll send it back to you complete and ready to rock.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I would try to find a good used 6004 or 6280 on the EE, ebay, or somewhere else to save some money.  If you buy the 6004 new & the HSGI rig new, you've spent $200 +/-.  Or you could buy the 6004 & take the holster off & try to sell the leg shroud.  I've seen a couple on the EE that way.  You might be able to make some money back that way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet set-up! Send some pics when you get that bad boy good to go. I'm curious about why you chose to go the HSG route and not just mount the things you need directly to the 6004 leg shroud. I run two Safariland leg shrouds. I have my duty holster on my right thigh and I have a double mag pouch on my left shroud along with a case to carry OC. This configuration will change once my new vest arrives. Although I loved having my mag pouch on my left for ease of draw and speed, I will be placing a Safariland Taser holster on my left shroud with two cartridge holders. All handgun mags will be on the front of my vest.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sweet set-up! Send some pics when you get that bad boy good to go. I'm curious about why you chose to go the HSG route and not just mount the things you need directly to the 6004 leg shroud.

In one word: MultiCam.  

Plus, if I go the Safariland route (which was my original thinking until I saw HSGI's rig), I'm stuck with their proprietary system and I want a 100% modular rig.  I've been chatting with John Willis lately too and I might end up having him build me a custom rig along the lines of the HSGI in the end though.  Either way, I'll get something worked out.  The problem is, one's rig is never, ever complete.  

Quoted:
Although I loved having my mag pouch on my left for ease of draw and speed, I will be placing a Safariland Taser holster on my left shroud with two cartridge holders. All handgun mags will be on the front of my vest.

That'll be badass.  Too bad your department probably wouldn't let you run that way on patrol.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Several members of our department carry their Tasers on a thigh rig, not a Safariland. The majority of the officers carry their Tasers on their duty belts. I'm not sure what type of thigh rig they are using but it looks extremely flimsy and I wouldn't carry a Taser in that thing if they made me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top