Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:32 PM EDT
This has to be a harder choice than buying the different rifles and pistols I have, some help would be appreciated...

I am trying Decide between different chest rigs, preferably something in Multicam.  I understand that the tactical tailor MAV doesn't come in Multicam, so what color should I get to go with Multicam BDUs if I went with Tactical Tailor? My Rifle has OD furniture and I need to be able to carry 8 mags (9 if including 1 in the rifle)...

Here are the ones I can't decide between:

1) Eagle/SKD Chest Rig (Do the mag pouches have dividers in between the mags?)

2) Tactical Tailor MAV (2 Piece or 1 piece unit?)

3) Essential tactical BOAR (Iike the fact that the mags are separrated and It holds 8 internally)

4) HSGI Warlord V4

Rate the Chest rigs in order from 1 - 4 in Quality, Function and Comfort.

Pros and cons of the rigs I have stated above if you have any Experience with them would be great.

Also, what are good Multicam Mag pouches to get if I get a rig that doesn't hold magazines internally?

Thanks for any help,
Nathan
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1 piece TT MAV that I am really happy with. Definately go with a modular setup--I was very glad I did. I have found TT's two AR mag pouches extremely versatile. I've used them to hold two AR mags, four 1911 mags, one AR mag for quick access, shotgun shells, my 1911, and used them as a dump pouch.

TT has the new ACU pattern, or you could just alternate between OD and coyote brown to break up the outline. They are also having a big sale on their woodland camo stuff.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a 1 piece TT MAV that I am really happy with. Definately go with a modular setup--I was very glad I did. I have found TT's two AR mag pouches extremely versatile. I've used them to hold two AR mags, four 1911 mags, one AR mag for quick access, shotgun shells, my 1911, and used them as a dump pouch.

TT has the new ACU pattern, or you could just alternate between OD and coyote brown to break up the outline. They are also having a big sale on their woodland camo stuff.

Well i was thinking of going with Mixed OD and CB to mix up with the Multicam BDUs. I just wish they made MC Rigs.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You better check the EE again, Joe has the Eagle Chest Rig in Multicam

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
TT has a MC X-Harness with the OD MAV, once you put pouches on it, cannot see the MAV so color is a moot point.  I was using this set up with TT single mag pouches in MC.  This combination worked well and very comfortable.  Am now trying the Eagle PC w/ cummberbund another nice rig.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You gotta build your own rig or mix and match for what ya want.  Buying the premade ones isn't as fun.  Once you go MOLLE you never go back.  I actually feel creative when using it.  

Try and find a surplus MOLLE II system.  I use one of them plus a blackhawk  setup sometimes.  My issue one is alot ligther and better for scout situations, has 3-2 mag pouches, medical pouch, dump pouch, ka-bar pouch, 1 203 pouch.  Similiar to the ones you suggested, but still has a little room for more MOLLE pouches.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Acouple People Already Recommended the MAV to me, and I decided to go with the MAV. I've tried other TT items and really like them. What I just ordered was...

2 Piece MAV in OD
8 Multicam single mag pouches

What Dump Pouch should I get and should I get one or two? I heard some good things about the Roly-Poly from Maxpedition... whatcha think?

Next paycheck I want to get a holster for my USP tac, it needs to be able to fit the Pistol with the Blast 2 unit installed on it. Any Suggestions? the way I see it is more Modular the better... Thanks for all your help.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the one-piece MAV and I have to say the 2 piece would be nicer. Taking it off is sota funky. If I was to get another within your poll, I'd get the SKD/Eagle one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My only beef with the Eagle/SKD rig is the pistol pouches. Because this is designed as a (relatively) low-cost 'universal' rig, the pistol pouches are designed as a one size fits all, and thus, are too-loose. Also, depending on how 'tall' the magazines are, there my not be enough velcro to secure the flaps. I put Sig P226 mags in the pouches, and if you rig-up and try to quickly grab a pistol mag, chances are the mag next to it will spill out onto the ground. There are two ways to get around this:

1) Split the flap covering the mags. The cheap/expedient way to accomplish this is to just cut it right down the middle and use a heat source to seal the edges. Splitting the flap means that mags not being accessed will be secure.

2) Tighten-up the mag pouches. This can be done in different ways: Sew elastic bands/cord across the pouches; Sew some sort of inserts into the pouches.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Next paycheck I want to get a holster for my USP tac, it needs to be able to fit the Pistol with the Blast 2 unit installed on it. Any Suggestions? the way I see it is more Modular the better... Thanks for all your help.

Nathan

this is the best/most universal i found.  havent gotten mine yet.  waiting on od, they said they had the multicam in stock last week.
www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=540
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have the one-piece MAV and I have to say the 2 piece would be nicer. Taking it off is sota funky. If I was to get another within your poll, I'd get the SKD/Eagle one.

I have one of each & IMO the two-piece is better. The one-piece is fine for light loads & attaching a chest panel but the two piece is much better if you are going to be prone, attaching an x-harness, or running a medium + load. The two-piece w/ x-harness is easy on/off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of each & IMO the two-piece is better. The one-piece is fine for light loads & attaching a chest panel but the two piece is much better if you are going to be prone, attaching an x-harness, or running a medium + load. The two-piece w/ x-harness is easy on/off.

Thats good to hear, I'm waiting for my 2 Piece MAV to come in the mail.

Nathan

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
If you want a vest with a minimum of hassle that's setup and ready to go get the Eagle/SKD vest.  

If you want a vest that's extremely flexible and lets you fully customize it then the MAV is the best choice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I am pretty happy with my EssTac Bush Boar with modified TT X Harness.

Stu, you rock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice choices, I ended up with the Blackwater chest rig. I like it, it works for me. I dont think it has MC option though. I got mine in Ranger Green ( i guess the new OD of this day and age). Ive got a review with vids posted on here in the tac section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top