Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:25:02 AM EDT
I'm currently looking for a vest that will hold my FAL mags. All of the vests I've found only indicate that it will hold AR mags. I wasn't sure if they would also stretch to fit FAL mags or if someone knew of some particular vests that would work best.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out HSGI Weesatch or Wasatch plate carriers at SKD.

Wasatch at SKD

Check that out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm currently looking for a vest that will hold my FAL mags. All of the vests I've found only indicate that it will hold AR mags. I wasn't sure if they would also stretch to fit FAL mags or if someone knew of some particular vests that would work best.

If the pouches will hold two AR15 mags they will hold one M14/FAL/G3 mag.  The HSGI rifle pouches are great if you want to hold two mags per pouch.  The Spec-Ops X-4 will hold three .308 mags.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
generaly if a poch will hold 3 m16 mags it will hold 2 m14 or fal mags. They might sit a bit too low so just add a piece of foam in the bottm or put a bandags in the bottom.

My Patrol vest, light fighter vest, sure fire instructors vest, and ralleyman vest will all hold 2 m14, g3, or fal mags in each of 4 pockets. Each pocket will also hold 3 m16 mags, 116 rnds of 12 ga on an optional pull out tray, or smaoke/ cs. So with each vest you can use multiple weapon systems.  They come with 4 pistol mags sewn to the vest. Not to mention all the pockets you can add to the vest.

Thank you
John Willis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Eagle Universal Chest Rig at SKD
I just picked up one of these for my FAL. Holds 4. I added magpuls to the mags, and also small block of foam in the bottom of the mag pouch to keep it up high enough to grab.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Guy name of Triggerman over at the M14 forums just had a great writeup late last year about what he decided to go with ... IIRC he had a plate carrier and similar mag pouches to what Hawkeye has (they had the bungee suspension holding them in). He was using an M1a and he used MagPuls on his mags.

If I remember I'll try to dig the thread up tonight and post it here. It was long and very informative.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Just remember, If it holds 2 AR mags it might not always hold 1 FAL

When you put 1 FAL in it may stretch too much and bump into the other ones.  I have noticed that some pouches are very close to each other when using AR mags so they might not stretch easily.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
As promised if anyone cares, here are the threads I was talking about:

First thread on old rig and training

Followup thread with new rig

Obviously, and I think he'd agree, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
HSGI Dach will hold (8) mags & the old version of the HSGI Warlord holds(10) mags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
These are my patol pockets sewn on a patrol vest. I also do several chest rigs with them as well as make them modualer or belt mounted. All of the pockets in the photo are identical. You can see the load out capabilty from thew pictures.

same pockets similar vest. This is my light fighter vest. Same as patrol just has 6x6 zippered utility pockets sewn to each side.

John Willis
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top