Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:47 PM EDT
I was wondering if anybody has one of these and has something to say about them good or bad. I'm looking for a new backpack for school and just whatever else I might need it for and I've been thinking about trying a Maxpedition pack for awhile since I haven't really heard anything bad about the company. Plus, I'm sick of my usual Jansport only lasting about 3 years or so. This one caught my eye since it isn't the biggest one they have but it seems big enough for what I'd need it for and hopefully it' s not too big.  And the price isn't that terrible either. I figured I'd ask here because I'm hoping at least a few people have one of them or have at least seen one in person. Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has ever tried one? Well, how about any Maxpedition backpacks. I've heard good stuff about the versipacks and other products but was hoping for some good info on the backpacks. Well, I might just have to take the plunge anyway.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Maxpedition stuff is good stuff. Bomb proof construction, the stuff will outlast you. I have several of Tim's products and met him at the SHOT show. He is a nice guy and the stuff is made in the USA.

You won't go wrong with any Maxpedition product.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a black Max Condor that I take with me to work every day.

It holds a lot of stuff including a Camelback bladder.

I'm a pretty big guy (6'5 240 with broad shoulders) and I while the overall size and capacity of the Condor is good I think the pack is a little small on me. When fully loaded it wants to pull away backwards and the padded section of the shoulder straps is just barely on my shoulders. When I clip the upper cross-strap it's pretty high on my chest, almost near my throat. I also don't find the shoulder straps particularly comfortable.

But usually it's only partially loaded and I'm throwing it over one shoulder so I guess it works. I like how it expands.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top