Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 2:15:11 AM EDT
http://militarysurplusdepot.com/u_s_m_c_combat_tent_new_.html

I know it's kind of expensive, but do you think it's the real deal?  I don't want to get ripped off.  Any idea how small it packs; I want to be able to carry with my gear out into the woods.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good , but first time I have seen it
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Check eBay.  You should be able to buy one new for around $250.00.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
EBAY has five of them right now with a new one for $250.  and a couple others in the $150 range
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up guys.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a heavy tent and designed for two-man carry.
Not the best of a personal/light tent.
Very well made with light-blocking materials.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one from them.  Brand new condition, good price.  I love the crap out of it.  I also have two of the modular sleep systems.  Those are good too!
The tent is slightly heavy for me to carry alone, but I put the tent in a compression sack and let the wife carry the other stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I found this with a quick google search: Used one for $140.
I don't know jack about these guys though, so I wouldn't call it a recommendation.

At a claimed 8.5 lbs (tent, fly & poles) it is a little heavy.  I bet the "packed weight" is higher still, probably around 10 lbs.  The tactical colors are handy though.

I bought a North Face Rock 22, which happens to be a shade close to OD green.  It is about 6.5 lbs packed, and offers door access on both sides.  Each side has an 8 sq ft vestibule as well, with 33 sq ft of tent space.  So it is very similar to the tent in the links.  I paid $121 for it from Campmor.  They still have some of the green ones apparently:  TNF Rock 22 at Campmor  The new 2006 color is green/ivory, and it is more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top