Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 3:19:57 PM EDT
I want to use my Moss 590A1 (18.5 in barrel) for breaching and CQB (less then20 yrds) but Im wondering how to pack it for quick access when transitioning from my battle rifle. I'm thinking of just a pistol grip and no side saddle or bulky add-ons. I'll b

I wear an Interceptor OTV with plates and a vest over it. On the back I sometimes carry a butt pack.

I have a GGG sling loop at the rear and one in front and can use a Single point or other sling.

Im thinking of something like this but the pack maybe too heavy. However I like the way the rifle or shotgun) can be stowed.
www.downrangesports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1597

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a modular unit that you can apply to any pack with molle.

www.kifaru.net/MGgunber.htm
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes at work, I'll carry a subgun, and then a less lethal shotgun or direct impact 40mm.
I got one of the simple velcro closing strap set ups that blackhawk has (I know, made in vietnam-I got it before I realized it).  They were only about $15.  Universal slung weapon holder (belt slung).
It works ok, I just have it far enough forward on the belt that I can replace it in the holder by myself.  It's a bit of a pain otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is a modular unit that you can apply to any pack with molle.

www.kifaru.net/MGgunber.htm

it seems like that would work if that was your only weapon, but kinda in the way if your using it as your secondary weapon
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Military Morons has a cool shotgun scabbard review on his website.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Military Morons has a cool shotgun scabbard review on his website.

too bulky
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you using a full stock shotgun? If you are only using it as a breech weapon I would use a pistol grip only to cut down on weight and footprint. With a pistol grip it is very easy to carry the gun slung over your back with a traditional sling.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a shotgun scabbard (with Malice) that is setup for breaching shotguns. Even has a shock cord retainer on the top and open bottom for longer barrels (no, the gun wont slip out).  Matt Campbell at Killer Gear built it. I'm certainly not doing anythig with it right now (if you are interested)

Its something like this:  Scabbard
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are you using a full stock shotgun? If you are only using it as a breech weapon I would use a pistol grip only to cut down on weight and footprint. With a pistol grip it is very easy to carry the gun slung over your back with a traditional sling.

I had it with a side saddle and speed feed stock but its too long for my needs so I put a pistol grip on, added a ggg sling mount and removed the side saddle. I'm only using this for breaching and cqb (ie in a house or tunnel)

eberlestock.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=A1SS&Category_Code=AC

This seems interesting but what you guys are forgetting is that this isnt my primary weapon and I need it out of the way of my other gear.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#11]
we single point ours with a heavy bungee. it goes over your head and under your shoulder. you can sling it out of the way over your hip then when you need it the bungee allows you to push it out in front. works for us.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
we single point ours with a heavy bungee. it goes over your head and under your shoulder. you can sling it out of the way over your hip then when you need it the bungee allows you to push it out in front. works for us.

how do you connect the bungee?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
You can get one of the Dieter slings from BHI or the sling from ZM Weapons or the sling TAG and do this. :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#14]
i use an eberlestock gunslinger now.  i used to just sling it across my back, but it is slow to transition with tons of slings.  anyhow one of those belt weapons catch is key.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Im thinking of a weapon belt catch and an elastic sling
The elastic sling keeps your weapon close to your body but its kinda expensive for a sling
Any cheaper elastic slings out there?

www.tacticalassaultshop.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=197&idp=14&his=0|14&cart_id=4179077.1456

www.tacticalassaultshop.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=46&idp=14&his=0|14&cart_id=4179077.1456
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#16]
i tried to get an elastic bungee sling as well.  only place i could find one was at botach tactical.  i hadnt heard anything in months, so i cancelled my order.
www.royalarms.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top