Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 8:23:31 AM EDT
I'm thinking of buying a BlackHawk Web Gear and I was just wanting to see ya'll opinion on it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The only bad thing about Blackhawk is most of their stuff is made in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Vietnam?? Realy?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Blackhawk has several lines of gear...STRIKE seems to be the highest quality and is the type of vest i bought and availability and price were ok too
good luck
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have there H Harness and it has held up VERY well, well worth ths cost IMO but its NOT made in America
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:07:18 AM EDT
[#5]

I use their web belt but that is about it.  If you can find what you want at Eagle INdustries, I would recommend them.  Quality and customer service are both outstanding and made in the USA - FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It is decent stuff. I try to buy US made gear when I can, but failing that the Blackhawk stuff is OK.
Try doing a search as this gets discussed with some frequency and you could probably find lots of good info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the enhanced SF LBV, the one that holds 8 mags instead of 6.  Only gripe I have wit hit is that they used a different materiel that that of the issue LBV, so I couldnt use it in garrison training.  Now LBVs are pretty much obsolete with the different carriers out there on the market today, and the fact that we use IBAs so no real need for an LBV when you can strap on molle pouches to the vest.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Try doing a search as this gets discussed with some frequency and you could probably find lots of good info.

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have the enhanced SF LBV, the one that holds 8 mags instead of 6.  Only gripe I have wit hit is that they used a different materiel that that of the issue LBV, so I couldnt use it in garrison training.  Now LBVs are pretty much obsolete with the different carriers out there on the market today, and the fact that we use IBAs so no real need for an LBV when you can strap on molle pouches to the vest.

What if you have to ditch the armor?

Oh ya - FUCK Vietnam. (and Nyteon, or what ever the hell it is)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you have to ditch the armor?

Oh ya - FUCK Vietnam. (and Nyteon, or what ever the hell it is)

If Im ditching the armor its cause Im out of ammo and have no means to fight other than to escape in the quickest fashion possible, a pretty bad predictament if I ever seen one.  If that situation occured I would be in a position that I wouldnt need web gear either.  The enhanced LBV is probably gonna go on sale along with two blackhawk canteen pouches, belt, and belt pad, keep an eye out on the for sale ads.  Ill post a ebay link if I go that route, but I dont like giving them money...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of buying a BlackHawk Web Gear and I was just wanting to see ya'll opinion on it.

www.blackhawk.com/uploads/product_images/35WG00BK,DE,OD_3.jpgwww.blackhawk.com/uploads/product_images/35WG00BK,DE,OD_1.jpg

I had one, and while the concept was sound, i found it didn't work for me. Once you start taking mags out of the front-mounted pouches, the rig tended to droop towards the rear when loaded with a full 100oz bladder of water.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.blackhawk.com/uploads/product_images/35WG00BK,DE,OD_3.jpgwww.blackhawk.com/uploads/product_images/35WG00BK,DE,OD_1.jpg

I had one, and while the concept was sound, i found it didn't work for me. Once you start taking mags out of the front-mounted pouches, the rig tended to droop towards the rear when loaded with a full 100oz bladder of water.

Sounds like you need to balance water consumption with ammo consumption to keep it all evened out
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sounds like you need to balance water consumption with ammo consumption to keep it all evened out

lol..i was thinking that as i was typing it earlier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top