Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:49:04 AM EDT
Man I love this thing!  I havn't used it while shooting yet but wore it for a couple hours last night around the house.  Comfortable, nicely made, and was received less than a week from ordering!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
nice springfield!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You're going to appreciate that thing more and more when you get it out and about.

I hope so.  Some of the places where I bird hunt have a lot of bears and wolves, so that's one of the main reasons why I bought it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Great piece, inferno. I have one myself and I LOVE it
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I took off the Airborne strap and added shock cord.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one, it is indeed comfortable.  One thing I did find though when I was in a training class, when I was running, the rig shifted itself to the front of the leg, it was on my leg fairly tight.  Not sure if most drop leg hosters would do it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#8]
how quickly can you get access to your sidearm with the double retention straps?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The airborne strap is not easy to access, I just loop it around the back so it's out of the way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The airborne strap is not easy to access, I just loop it around the back so it's out of the way.

I think the airborne strap is more of an "oh shit, I'm hanging upside down in a tree and I really really really don't want to lose my sidearm" kind of thing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]
you could always attach some skate board tape or non slip foam pad to the under side of the holster.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
the hsgi drop leg is about the only drop leg holster i will ever use!

made really well, might have gene make me a special one that holds the surefire classic weapon series
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah but if rides high enough it'd be like a wedgy
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have one, it is indeed comfortable.  One thing I did find though when I was in a training class, when I was running, the rig shifted itself to the front of the leg, it was on my leg fairly tight.  Not sure if most drop leg hosters would do it.

You're likely wearing the holster waaaaaay too low.

This is the first time I've ever heard of one of Gene's saddle holsters flopping or moving around.

To give you a referance point, the thigh strap on my saddle holster is almost at the very top of my leg so that the grip of my pistol is directly below the ball joint of my hip.

This keeps the pistol out of the way of the rest of your gear, allows for smooth access and will keep the rig from flopping around or shifting.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for the input, I've adjusted both my 6004 and the HSGI holsters to ride as high as possible
Things like this I would definitely not realize in a range (one of the ranges I go to doesn't even allow drawing from holsters), training classes tend to reveal heretofore unthought of little things like this, until you gents shed light on it, I thought it was normal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top