Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:09:26 AM EDT
I was hoping someone had advice for me on a good tactical rig for my AK47, or atleast advice on MOLLE/ALICE compatible magazine pouches. Thanks for your time.

-ReadMenace
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
the HSGI universal mag pouches work great for AK gear. those are the only ones i have experience with using AK mags in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps someone has an opinion on this rig?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yikes, NO!! Made in China Airsoft stuff

Here.

This'll probably outlive you, in all honesty. Eagle industries AK chest rig.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I have one of these

It's actually Russian, so it has an 'authentic' feel, if you're into that.

It isn't particularly well made, but I'm not really going to be running around Chechnya with one on, so I'm not worried about it falling apart. I'd say it's halfway between the Eagle rig, and the one you linked to.

Have you considered the Wasatch/Weesatch series by HSGI?

Bitchin' plate carrier/chest rig. Been getting rave reviews from what I've read. Handles AR and AK mags, which is great, though your capacity is cut in half with the larger AK magazines.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]
How about these guys ? Does anybody have experience with their combat rigs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Never ordered from them, but I think they're in England, so you'll probably get raped for shipping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm beggining to suspect it's airsoft crap & not the actual russian military stuff.. Le sigh..
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
hey readmenace: try RED SOLDIER for your real russian AK-47 web gear/vests  needs ....its real russian combat  equipment  ie.. made in russia...also the store is here in the U.S.A...they have all kinds of russian field equipment etc.... vince g. 11b inf.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
That diamondback rig is $95 I think.  I don't know if I would like the pouches, and I don't know if it carries 3 or 6 magazines, either.  I wish these companies would quit changing names and confusing me, but the company that is now SPecter gear used to sell AK or AK/compatible chest rigs if I remember correctly, I don't know if they still do or not.   I think they held 4 mags which is better, probably closer to a combat load.  7.62x39 is heavy ammo, so I'ld probably only carry 6 mags tops unless I was really worried.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top