Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:10:37 AM EDT
1st-thanx for looking

After reading Pathfinder74's thread above, I'm looking to replace my old LLB bag for something a bit more flexible for carrying stuff to gym, work, range, hiking, etc.  Molle seems like a good idea for the future but, not immediately critical. Given those uses I found the Spec-Ops Brand T.H.E Pack looks like a nice solution but, I haven't seen any of their stuff in person to judge quality. Can anyone comment on this item/Brand or suggest any alternatives. The closest 2nd I found was the TT 3Day.

The features that I likes most are:
1) Made in USA
2) Contrasting lining
3) Internal hydration sleeve
4) Removable waist belt
5) Available in Tan/CoyBr w/matching hardware

THX

Blitz

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Have used " the Pack " in OD for a few years now as more of a gear organizer. It is an OK pack for the money with a few negative points. The two large exterior pouches are very convenient. It has molle webbing everywhere to add pouches. Several stitching points are starting to fray a bit on the straps and molle webbing but still useable. They use a piece of foam for the liner which curls up every now and then as it is just slid into the hydration pocket. The straps are somewhat uncomfortable for anything other than short term carry as they are a straight design instead of an S shape. It makes the pack ride high. I use it to organize and carry the smaller things in my duty gearand it works good for that purpose.

FUll-Auto  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I bought THE pack from spec ops when I was at my mob station waiting to go overseas. I was like "ooooooo look at all the molle webbing, and cool buckles and such. Well, I bought it form the PX for 99.00 and it sucked. It wasnt comfortable, the sternum strap was really a NECK CHOKING strap (depending on body size/make), and the internal compartment fit a hydration bladder alright- the 50oz one, BEARLY.

While it does have features 1, 2, 3, and 5- I would highly reccomend you saving up 20-50 dollars more and going with a nice assualt pack. There are many listed on these fourms.

Shoot me an email if you have any other questions- I have owned em all at one time or another.

Scott

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]

I'll try to make your decision a little harder.  I have been very happy with mine.  I think the quality is on par with the Eagle stuff that I have.  I guess if there was one point I'd have to agree with the others, it would be that I would like to try it with "s" shaped straps.  Otherwise, I like it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The strait shoulder straps just don't work for some people.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive had one for the last couple of months and Im very pleased so far. I havent really had any issues with the straps. The outside poockets are great for organizing different equipment unlike the large single outside pocket on some of my others (eagle, blackhawk). The stitching is on par with any of the top brands out there that I have seen. The space between the two outside pockets also makes for a perfect "saddle" for firing long guns in the prone of the pack which I prefer over using any type of bipod. Only time will tell how it holds up but so far it is a lot of pack for the money. Just my ten cents.

RLTW
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I like mine.  I had to add a framesheet to it (modified BHI framesheet) because I don't like a floppy pack.

The straps do cut into the armpits, so I don't wear mine for miles and miles.  It is a nice intermediate sized pack with good features and solid construction.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top